TUG (Sandbox Survival Game)

Hey everyone!

I have recently found out about a game called TUG. I thought I would talk about it a bit.

What is TUG in my own words -

TUG is one of those games that you really have to play, Even in its early state. It takes allot of influences from Minecraft, DayZ and others. You make a character and shape it by eating and exercising (or lack there of). You can build a town with friends and stave off the dark cold nights with fire, survive by eating food and drinking water, build shelter and form a community with friends. The entire world is procedural and infinite meaning it is different every time and it goes on forever.

You start off playing TUG as a Seed (Child) and slowly grow up into adolescence and eventually adulthood. You will be able to unlock new abilities such as magic and find new pets such a elemental Golems and the like. Your body type will affect how you move and interact with the world. For example if you are a heavy set person you be harder to knock back however you will lack a high stamina pool for things like running, jumping, etc. The opposite will happen if you are slim you will have a high stamina pool and you will be easy to knock back with heavier set characters or monsters. However you will be able to avoid them / Dodge easier.

What makes TUG unique?

TUG is being developed by a group of social scientists, behavior experts, etc. in concert with some very talented game developers. Which allows them to analyze behavior of players in game through their actions as well as tweak and balance the game as necessary. For example what makes a troll or griefer tick on a behavioral level. If you do not want to participate in these "Experiments" you can opt out.

On top of everything TUG is made to be modded in almost every aspect.

Link to TUG

Please note: I could not find another game section. So I posted this here.

Off-Topic is fine.

I was an Alpha Backer on Kickstarter for this.

I still have yet to play it.
Lol.

The fact that it's an unfinished game that costs $40 aside, what's special about it? Cause so far the only thing I can think of is the fact that it looks worse than Team Fortress 2 yet has higher minimum system requirements than Crysis 3...

So, pass. Sorry.

Best way I can describe it is it's Minecraft combined with Fable.

Back