Top 10 PC Games

Yeah.. THQ is just following in EA's footsteps: make a game, add DLC after DLC of clothing packs and "stuff packs", some expansion dlcs or what have you. Then when people lose interest, remake the game, and start right over from the beginning!

Also, I realized more categories.. best artillery game? Worms Armageddon. Best party game? Same. Best Aerial Fighting game? Crimson Skies. Best space fighter game? I loved Tie Fighter, but it would have to be Freelancer. Hell of a modding community, and once you get the hang of a mouse to fly with (and moreso, use a mod to add strafe up/down to repetoire so you can do real tight turns and maneuvers all ways) it's great for dogfighting. Shame the AI is kinda dumb, but that's why multiplayer is so big.

As for your comment Minimaul, I assume the group working on the game at netstormHQ refuse to share with anyone outside the project, and anyone inside has to just tweak the game rather than rewrite it? "Because a virtual machine should be good enough, source code or not!":rolleyes:

As for your comment Minimaul, I assume the group working on the game at netstormHQ refuse to share with anyone outside the project, and anyone inside has to just tweak the game rather than rewrite it? "Because a virtual machine should be good enough, source code or not!":rolleyes:
Pretty much the only thing they support you doing is writing missions. Unit tweaks for example require you to extract the pack file, and they purposely make getting hold of information about doing that difficult. However, the file format's pretty simple.

I'm probably going to register a domain and start posting file format documentation and source code soon.

I would have to say that aside from this, GTA and Diablo would be one of the top PC games in my list. I am not going to come about and proclaim how good and challenging it is but it should be one of the better things about pc gaming.

GTA is the top for me as I really enjoy the game for some reason. And it sure makes for a lot of interesting things that make gaming all the more worth while.

My favorite games/series:
1. Saints Row series (duh)
2. GTA Series (except gta iv, it always crashed on me and it was laggy.)
3. FEAR series.
4. Borderlands.
5. Crysis Warhead, 1 and 2.
6. Battlefield BC2, BF1942 and BF 1943.
7. Legend of Zelda! (this was my childhood.)
8. Mirror's Edge (EA, Y U NO MAKE ME2?)
9. Hitman series.
10. Just Cause 2. Best played with mods.

1. Trackmania United Forever.
2. Saints Row series.
3. WoW.
4. Diablo 3.
5. GTA SA.
6. Need For Speed Mostwanted & Carbon.
7. Midnight Club 3.
8. Rollercoaster Tycoon. xD.
9. Amnesia.
10. Sonic Riders Zero Gravity.
EDIT:
A few more games (how could I forget these great racegames?) :
11. Flatout 2 & Flatout Ultimate Carnage.
12. Burnout 3.
13. Motorstorm: Apocalypse.
14. Splitsecond Velocity.
15. Maniaplanet (sequel to trackmania, but this time with a racer, shooter and rpg).

Pretty much the only thing they support you doing is writing missions. Unit tweaks for example require you to extract the pack file, and they purposely make getting hold of information about doing that difficult. However, the file format's pretty simple.

I'm probably going to register a domain and start posting file format documentation and source code soon.
I know it wasn't exactly soon, but I've started putting up file format documentation at http://www.openstorm.org/. I've already worked out a bunch of the different formats, I'm just doing writeups.

I've just come across this thread so here's my list. Some of these games are very old for you youngsters out there, back when you couldn't actually win most of the games.

1. Saints Row 2
  2. Saints Row the Third
  3. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
  4. Duke Nukem 3D
  5. The Witcher
  6. GTA Games
  7. Shadow of the Beast 2
  8. Fantasy World Dizzy
  9. Dynamite Dan
  10. Repton
There are Lots more games out there but I've never played them on the PC.

Back