Time of Day from SR1

I managed to extract the "time_of_day.xtbl" file from my copy of Saints Row for the Xbox 360 (FYI I'm NOT trying to mod the 360 game, instead I wanted to use the file as a reference for the "time_of_day.xtbl" file that is already in SR2 for PC)

I compared the two files and found the one in SR is very interesting indeed ;) , there are more Time Segments in the SR version than the SR2 version. The Time Segments are listed as follows:

Dawn2
Dawn3
Midday1
Midday2
Midday3
Sunset
Dusk1
Dusk2
Dusk3
Dusk4
Dusk5
Moon Rise1
Moon Rise2
Midnight
Moon Set1
Moon Set2
Moon Set3
Moon Set4 and
Moon Set5.

These time segments are based around a 24 hour time (game time).

What's really weird I copied the file to my GoTR's 1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE so I could try it in SR2 and it caused my game to have a black screen during night and a grey screen during day, the game was still working fine and you can hear everything in the game but couldn't see nothing. Here's what it looked like:

Nighttime:
SR2_pc 2016-06-29 07-29-42-33.png

SR2_pc 2016-06-29 07-29-44-74.png

SR2_pc 2016-06-29 07-29-46-23.png

Daytime:
SR2_pc 2016-06-29 07-30-22-71.png

SR2_pc 2016-06-29 07-30-24-34.png

SR2_pc 2016-06-29 07-30-26-28.png

I don't ever wanna try that again!

Reactions: F13
If you built those files into the xbox version of sr2 i garuntee it would work.

If you built those files into the xbox version of sr2 i garuntee it would work.
I doubt it would work because SR2 is built on a modified engine of SR1 and technically it is illegal to modify the 360 or its games if you read the terms and conditions manual that comes with the console it quite clearly states that even tho you bought the console it is still property of Microsoft and that any hardware\software modification can result in prosecution...
This would also help solve some modding questions:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/CodeOfConduct

I doubt it would work because SR2 is built on a modified engine of SR1 and technically it is illegal to modify the 360 or its games if you read the terms and conditions manual that comes with the console it quite clearly states that even tho you bought the console it is still property of Microsoft and that any hardware\software modification can result in prosecution...
This would also help solve some modding questions:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/CodeOfConduct
Well i didn't mean you should try it.(console modding isn't allowed on this website) I just meant because console ports are different to pc ports. that glitch was probably caused by the difference.

Well i didn't mean you should try it.(console modding isn't allowed on this website) I just meant because console ports are different to pc ports. that glitch was probably caused by the difference.
Actually, I found this out last night too after doing some comparisons with Winmerge, I extracted the "time_of_day.xtbl" file from the Xbox 360 version of SR2 and compared it with the PC version of SR2, they are both identical but the one from SR 1 is a lot different. ;)

Reactions: F13
Back