SPOILERS This is the last Saints Row with the same characters

As the credits rolled on my monitor, I was sitting there and it got me thinking....the Saints Row games are the most fun games I ever played. As I was playing it, It didn't even bother me, that nearly everything was recycled from the previous installment, I didn't care about any bugs or problems this game has, because it was fun and adicting....hell I even collected all of the data clusters :)
This is how the games should be. Fun and entertaining, but no other game I've played was like this. Beside all of the stupidly fun stuff you can do, the game actually has a magnificent story and it made me really attached to the characters. The missions are perfectly made and 'I don't wanna miss a thing' by Aerosmith in the opening sequence or 'What is love' during the escape sequnce are just the icings on the cake. Not to mention all of the parodies and refferences to other popular games or movies, hell even some real celebrities are in it, like Keith David or Rowdy Roddy Piper!
Those things made me so happy that I instantly mashed the F12 button so I can show the screenshots to my friends.
I really don't understand all the hate this game is receiving, because I will never forget this experience and hopefully we will se a next Saints Row game in the future.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/whats-after-saints-row-4-for-volition
http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-saints-row-could-continue-in-a-different-direction-6411118

Last edited:
A million copies sold in the first week, pretty good fan reception and excellent critical reviews is hardly receiving a lot of hate. :p

I'm happy with how this incarnation of Saints Row ended, and I'm really excited to see what's next, if that is in fact the plan.

Who could've thought Saints Row would evolve into superpowers and aliens? I haven't finished the game yet but it is growing more and more fun. :)

Who could've thought Saints Row would evolve into superpowers and aliens? I haven't finished the game yet but it is growing more and more fun. :)
Aliens, yes. Superpowers, no. I thought the powers were fun, but gaining them was not as funny as irradiated saints flow in SRTT. I hope any future games go with an SR2 style of play.

The last SR game? Where did you got that from?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/08/saints-row-future-games-will-have-different-direction-says-volition/

So volition actually already confirmed this isn't the last saints row game.

And I don't think people should be hating on this game, they just haven't played it.
When I saw the first teaser trailer, I hated Saints Row 4, literally. But now that I have completed the story etc... I am really surprised and it is a really fun experience and the superpowers worked out a lot better then I expected, so a big thumbs up towards Volition for this.

As a [PROTOTYPE] fan that probably explains a lot why I was really amused by gliding, super sprinting and running on walls. An option to switch of the powers would have been nice though for every now and then.

The only thing I did not really like about this game is that it didn't really feel like a true Saints Row game, don't get me wrong, its a really fun game, but I just doesn't have that feel anymore. Not because the series have gotten over the top now, because imo Saints Row The Third which already was a pretty crazy experience, still felt like a SR game, but just you know... I kind of missed to have to fight real gangs with an overdose of bullets, swear words and crazy ass moves (like flying through a plane or hanging on a ball falling down a skyscraper).

I'm wondering what Volition will do with SR now after reading that article. But I really hope they will make a next SR game.

SPOILER
So at the end of the game the Saints find out they can go back in time. That opens up a whole set of doors to which the series might go to, they can do about everything now, so Volition, use this opportunity wisely.

Back