Things You Don't Want in SR5

Title should be pretty self-explanatory. List off some things you don't want in SR5 as well as things you didn't like in any of the past SR titles and how Volition can improve on these features instead of clubbing it to death with an oversized dildo like they've been doing for the past three games.

Don't Kneecap the Customization
In SR3 clothing although more varied was severely limited. For example in SR2 you could wear a tank top underneath a business coat. In SR3 you no longer had clothing layers and then SR GOOH came out... and Volition said "hey you know that one feature that had players coming back for more? Well let's get rid of it!"
The fact that the story of SR4 was pretty much this:
The fact that SR4 had far less weapon variety than SR3 or SR2. (Liked the chainsaw? Loved the Airstrike? Well too bad! Here's another semi-auto rifle!)
Terrible city. No seriously the Mercenaries series take on the slums of Pyongyang and Caracas looked far more varied and appealing when compared to the desolate, bland and outright boring design of SR4 Steelport.
LOL-RANDUM moments such as the random zombie outbreak near the end of SR3 or the no-name arms dealers you fought in the first mission of SR4.
Plot-lines that are never resolved and characters that are abandoned for no reason. For example Genkibowl, Trouble with Clones, Gangsters in Space, the whole bit with the zombies, Angel's rivalry with Killbane, Mayor Reynolds, Eric Gryphon, Oleg, Birk, Troy, Tobias, Wong, Ultor's nanite experiments, and if SR5 comes out chances are that another three or so characters are going to get cut for no reason.
The overall plot and gameplay being massacred and butchered for the sake of the "dank mlg may-mays" and equally forced pop culture references. If you want an open world game that has it's share of crazy\bizarre moments without putting a 12-guage to the story and gameplay buy Just Cause 2 or 3, any of the GTA game, Destroy all Humans, any of the Fallout games, Prototype 1 or 2, Infamous 2 or Postal 2.

Last edited:
The same clothing and hair mechanics as SR:TT and SR:IV.
Just to clarify, I am assuming you would prefer to see improved clothing and hair mechanics, not less or none. Your statement could be mistaken for the later, and I would be horrified if they eliminated clothing and hair mechanics and made it look like GTA 5! The clothing and hair mechanics were always some of my favorite features of SR, although I would definitely like to see less restrictions on hair/clothing combinations (i.e. hair/clothing collision detection).

Last edited:
Back