The technical improvements and optimizations are amazing!

As someone that can't afford modern hardware capable of ray tracing and other cutting edge things like that, it's always amazing when game developers take serious time to make their things run on modern hardware. I remember the original game running only marginally better than GTA IV.

After shelling out for a mini PC box with a Ryzen 5 4500U on it, I was already surprised to have Saints Row IV on a playable frame rate.
I'm even more surprised that so far, this game runs even smoother than SRIV.
It's a big difference compared to something like Bloodrayne, whose re-release was more of a graphics upscale and did little on their games' issues or playability.

I'm only a few mins in, there's lots of technical issues like the black squares being fixed by turning on fog, UI being squished to widescreen (I have 4:3), and probably most mods under the sun not working, I'm thankful of the developers' work to fix their engine to such a point that the exact same game runs better than the original while also looking better.
Yes, I'm biased - but mostly because I opt for potato computers, as gaming is a really expensive hobby and trying to make sure I have enough emergency funds to stay afloat for adult emergencies take higher priority. I also have spent time making games using GDevelop and optimization simply fascinates me.
For perspective, 10 years ago I played Borderlands 2 on an Intel laptop that definitely wasn't meant for any gaming. I had to play on 320x200 - text was nigh unreadable, subtitles were comically large, and FPS drops into the 10s were frequent. I was playing the healer of that game, so none of these issues stopped me from having a good time. Somehow, it rarely crashed...
If broken graphics meant that I could play the game more comfortably. that's fine!

Thanks for reading this rant. I mostly just wanted counter the negativity surrounding the recent games' releases.
Pic related, dark shadows, probably will fix hat eventually. I think it's the brightness/HDR thing, and gotta set display.ini to read only.

1701613336925.png

Last edited:
As someone that can't afford modern hardware capable of ray tracing and other cutting edge things like that, it's always amazing when game developers take serious time to make their things run on modern hardware. I remember the original game running only marginally better than GTA IV.

After shelling out for a mini PC box with a Ryzen 5 4500U on it, I was already surprised to have Saints Row IV on a playable frame rate.
I'm even more surprised that so far, this game runs even smoother than SRIV.
It's a big difference compared to something like Bloodrayne, whose re-release was more of a graphics upscale and did little on their games' issues or playability.

I'm only a few mins in, there's lots of technical issues like the black squares being fixed by turning on fog, UI being squished to widescreen (I have 4:3), and probably most mods under the sun not working, I'm thankful of the developers' work to fix their engine to such a point that the exact same game runs better than the original while also looking better.
Yes, I'm biased - but mostly because I opt for potato computers, as gaming is a really expensive hobby and trying to make sure I have enough emergency funds to stay afloat for adult emergencies take higher priority. I also have spent time making games using GDevelop and optimization simply fascinates me.
For perspective, 10 years ago I played Borderlands 2 on an Intel laptop that definitely wasn't meant for any gaming. I had to play on 320x200 - text was nigh unreadable, subtitles were comically large, and FPS drops into the 10s were frequent. I was playing the healer of that game, so none of these issues stopped me from having a good time. Somehow, it rarely crashed...
If broken graphics meant that I could play the game more comfortably. that's fine!

Thanks for reading this rant. I mostly just wanted counter the negativity surrounding the recent games' releases.
Pic related, dark shadows, probably will fix hat eventually. I think it's the brightness/HDR thing, and gotta set display.ini to read only.

View attachment 37632
ah i can play saints row 4 without a problem at all
P.S. i'm still playing on potato laptop with 4GB RAM and 500 Hard Drive with Intel HD 4400 Graphics in it

tip: just adjust it the "Post Process = 2 to 1 i think it will help your problem and also remastered is ass hahahaha

Last edited:
Back