texture replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there's plenty of generic non-branded flags that could be replaced with a Saints Flag, instead of asking specifically for LGBTQ+ content to be removed from the game.

Just a suggestion though.

AFAIK, they don't allow modding of LGBT related content here as it is apparently "discrimination" to do so.
It's considered discrimination if you're asking for LGBTQ+ content to be removed from the game on a public forum where anyone can see it. Because any LGBTQ+ people (Myself included) that see this post will think "saint gandpa" has a problem with us. A problem so big that he doesn't even want us to have any representation in a fictional game.

But if he was to mod the game himself, or find someone willing to make him that mod privately, then we'd never have to know.

That may not even be the case though, he might not have a problem with us at all. That just might be the only flag that fits his specifically specific specifications to display his overwhelming obsession for the Saints.

They simply don`t allow modding of this game,because modders will remove all wierd things:)
Not sure how I feel about being referred to as "weird".

I mean, I am weird, but due to my personality and idiosyncrasies, not due to the fact that I'm part of the LGBTQ+ (not easy to type or say, could really use an abbreviation for this) community.

Unless I'm misinterpreting your reply (misinterpretation being a huge trait of mine).

Also, if they don't allow modding in this game, then why is there a mod section for this game?

Last edited:
It's considered discrimination if you're asking for LGBTQ+ content to be removed from the game on a public forum where anyone can see it. Because any LGBTQ+ people (Myself included) that see this post will think "saint gandpa" has a problem with us. A problem so big that he doesn't even want us to have any representation in a fictional game.
Lot of assumptions you're making, pal for something that is completely in a fictional world.
It's like calling someone sexist because they wanted to remove all men from the game and only keep the women. "Oh no, muh representation", as if someone modding their game ever affected your own gaming experience. You have those representation in your game all you want.

Also reminds me of the RDR2 controversy, a game where you KILL thousands of men, but when a guy PUNCHED one woman who was a feminist, everyone lost their mind.

I don't see what's the big deal with having it public either, it's called a mod after-all, you're not forced to use it if it offends you but whatever mate.

Lot of assumptions you're making, pal for something that is completely in a fictional world.
It's like calling someone sexist because they wanted to remove all men from the game and only keep the women. "Oh no, muh representation", as if someone modding their game ever affected your own gaming experience. You have those representation in your game all you want.

Also reminds me of the RDR2 controversy, a game where you KILL thousands of men, but when a guy PUNCHED one woman who was a feminist, everyone lost their mind.

I don't see what's the big deal with having it public either, it's called a mod after-all, you're not forced to use it if it offends you but whatever mate.
Ok, but that was my point, kind of.

But if he was to mod the game himself, or find someone willing to make him that mod privately, then we'd never have to know.
This part was just saying that because it's a public post, anyone can view it. And while not everyone will get offended by it, there will be that select few people who will see it as discrimination.

I for one I'm not offended that he wants the flag replaced, it's a flag, a mere rectangle of cloth made from various coloured fabric. It's not like he's asking for Kevin (Known Bisexual) to be removed from the game or have the dialogue cut that refers to his bisexuality.

But knowing the rules of the forum, and knowing how there are certain people out there that are specifically looking for a chance to be offended, I thought I'd make a suggestion of having some other generic flag be replaced with a Saints version in an attempt to "keep the peace" as it were.

That may not even be the case though, he might not have a problem with us at all. That just might be the only flag that fits his specifically specific specifications to display his overwhelming obsession for the Saints.
I'll admit that this is just my passive aggressive deadpan humor, in a failed attempt to not seem so serious... I think my humor may be broken though.

Side note: (Unrelated, but still somewhat related)
But that is what it all comes down to, the representation.
If someone homophobic sees some average looking guy in a T-shirt & jeans (who is gay) walking down the street, they're not even gonna pay attention to them... But they see some well built guy in a rainbow tank top and bright pink short shorts (who is straight), they'll start spouting their anti-gay speech for the whole world to hear.

And I'm not even saying it's the rainbow or bright colours. If LGBTQ+ propaganda was based around some sort of animated cabbage mascot, then people would be asking for mods to replace flags or posters that feature the same cabbage in the game.

I could even prove that theory if I started my own community based on something that specific people seem to have a problem with for no good reason. Use that Cabbage for propaganda, get the cabbage featured in a computer game, then just wait and see how many people request a mod to replace the cabbage.

Last edited:
Hello, can anyone replace the texture of the lgbt flag with a purple flag with the third street saints logo?

From our forum rules:

Misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated on this forum in any form. This includes using them in jokes or casual conversation. Treat your other forum users here with respect no matter what their gender, race, background, or preferences might be. This also includes uploading and requesting mods of such nature.

The thread has been locked for going against our forum rules. Please respect other forum users and be mindful of what you post on our forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back