SweetFX For srtt By Viper Venom and PlagueofMidgets

I got. If you want to use sweetfx with dx11 launcher delete the 2 files named dxgi.dll and dxgfi.fx and try launching the game with dx11 launcher and I bet it works. I had to do that with batman Arcam origins because it relies solely on dx11.

1 more thing my laptop is not so 'good' so which should I choose so I wont lag so much, v2 , v1.5.1 or the other one?

This is my first post to this site and would like to share a personal graphics enhancement tool for saints row the third. Sweet fx is made for many games and by no means did i create it i mearly made it match game as a saw correct. I worked on these settings for a week straight and hope they help. My settings give the game a cinematic and colorful look to the game that has been overlooked. To help with this i do suggest hevon hd texture pack fixed for srtt. This mod in no way affects gameplay nor should it affect framerate. Ty to everyone on this site for the comments and hope you like it.

SweetFX features:
Smaa antialasing
HDR Resolution ( mimics 3d graphics)
Bloom effect ( enhances natural lighting)
Lumasharpen ( sharpens the bloom effect so lighting isnt blurred)
Lift gamma gain ( naturaly enhances vivid colors textures and shadows)
Cineon dpx ( basicly a movie like feature to make look as though scene was shot whith a movie camera)
Vibrance ( also naturaly saturates or desaturates the colors)
Dither (apllies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display)

Install instructions:
extract contents of sweetfx for srtt
copy all contents of folder to main install directory with the saints row the third.exe file
play the game:)

Note you should see an immediate change in color scheme and effects including main menu and so forth. Also note these are simply personal settings for the game and can be changed.
Note that if you are using the steam version of the game(which you should be) game will only launch on dx9 exe(does on mine). The dx9.dll used by sweetfx overides the games original dx9.dll .
Note that if you wish to have the darkened edges of the corners removed which is a focused camera effect simply open the file sweetfx settings with notepad and you will see a list of about 7 items at the top with a 1 or 0 next to them. Look for vignette and change the 1 to a 0 and save;)

Update: V2 Final now available
V2 Final Changelog:
Included modified shader input ( brings out true colors and levels them out a little)
New commandline to bring out the true textures of skin and objects
Added Shitface Alternete times of day mod and Hevon HD Texture pack fixed ( Many thanks to Shitface and Hevon for allowing to add their mods(these add great texture and colorful days and nights)
Eliminated bleaching effect to lighter skin tones
Brightened daytime(as requested by Admixon)
Added support for dx11 launch

I am satisfied with my v2 final results and making no more changes though you are always welcome to upload your personal settings to this thread:)
View attachment 8164
A second version of sweetfx has been uploaded and now available provided by plagueofmidgets
That may be more suitable for some people as every laptop has different screens and video cards:)View attachment 8687
Combined settings we get version 1.5.1View attachment 8702

I have now included a new version of SweetFX.
V3 is a more well balanced version with nice colors yet doesn't have the intensity of version 2 final.
I started to see way too much gamma and colr in v2 final so I started playing with a few things and would like some input from everyone. Please try this and give some honest suggestions. This is a screenshot of how it looks on my laptop:View attachment 11780
As I said all suggestions appreciated as everyones computer is different( example some of you use laptops and some use desktops and some monitors look different and the graphics cards are different). I have tried to balance between color and performance without the annoying overpowering colors and glare. As I said all input is appreciated. Thank you and keep on gaming
Odd:rolleyes: 2,000 some downloads and not 1 like:p

when I install this mod, my saints row is unable to start on DirectX 10/11. Any idea why?
Are you running windows 10? Won't run on directx 10/11 launcher if running windows 10 and won't launch period on sriv in windows 10 since windows 10 changed the system compatibility for sweetfx.

Nice colors my friend:)
It was long time ago but thanks. Now my sweetfx looks different
bandicam 2016-04-12 06-44-57-565.jpg
bandicam 2016-04-12 20-22-04-524.jpg
I'm using ReShade now because it contains new effects like CA (Chromatic Aberration) which "mimics the look of a cheap camera lens, by distorting the colors."
I'm going to use that effect in a short movie ;)

It was long time ago but thanks. Now my sweetfx looks different
View attachment 13897 View attachment 13898 I'm using ReShade now because it contains new effects like CA (Chromatic Aberration) which "mimics the look of a cheap camera lens, by distorting the colors."
I'm going to use that effect in a short movie ;)
Looks cool;). Can i try it sometime:oops:?

Back