Swap Pierces Model?

Hi,

I was wondering how I could go about replacing Pierce's model to that of the Steelport police.
I did it myself a few years back but have no idea how to replicate it.

Thanks.

I am currently using Things To Do In Steelport.

Last edited:
OK, number one, you need gibbed tools to extract the characters:
npc_Pierce
npc_Pierce_High

next,i think that is the beat cop so find his model and extract it.
rename all files from the model you want to replace pierce to the same as the names in npc pierce high and npc pierce.

repack it with gibbed tools(drag the extracted file into gibbed pack str2_pc.exe and it creates a new file with the name packed on the end. rename the new file and delete the _packed(new file is now npc_Pierce.str2_pc and npc_Pierce_High.str2_pc). update the character containers.asm_pc file with my asm updater from the srtt tools section and put the new files in main directory. Now you have a cop looking Pierce with Pierces voice and aditute.

Working great, thanks. Is it possible for the model to use a colored uniform?, the default is plain white.

Last edited:
Working great, thanks. Is it possible for the model to use a colored uniform?, the default is plain white.
in the character.xtbl file:
Add this code for npc_Pierce after stream category
<Color_Palette>NPC_Police</Color_Palette>

That will give his uniform the same as the police. If you want it all black uniform with blue lining add this file to your main directory

Attachments

• npc_color_palette.xtbl
    35.6 KB · Views: 409
in the character.xtbl file:
Add this code for npc_Pierce after stream category
<Color_Palette>NPC_Police</Color_Palette>

That will give his uniform the same as the police. If you want it all black uniform with blue lining add this file to your main directory

Thanks, worked great.

Back