SuperUI for SR2 v2.9 (No exit prompts in menus, HUD enhancements, better Weapons Cache & More!)

After a long break, an update of SuperUI is now available.

superui23_garage.png

SuperUI v2.3 (April 4, 2020)
* Weapons Cache's equipped status is now much more accurate. Previously it sometimes shown no weapons are equipped or a wrong weapon was equipped.
* Expanded many menu's maximum height. Many menus, such as Garage and Achievements, now show 13 items in one page instead of 9 items.
* Reward Vehicles and Unlocked Achievements are now marked with a Gold Star instead of green font.
* Cash-decreasing and increasing animations can now be disabled with SUI_CASH_TINT_DOWN and SUI_CASH_TINT_UP flags in vint_lib.lua.
* Added "Triangulate" custom mission which displays the player's coordinates. Push Previous Radio key to show Y coordinate, or push Next Radio key to show X,Y,Z coodinates at the same time. (Special Thanks to 452 of Saints Row Wiki for the triangulate code)
* Show a warning message if Saints Row 2 Rerelease is detected. It informs the player that they cannot access the new options or Steam online multiplayer modes. The detection is based on the existence of 'get_shared_variable' and 'set_shared_variable' functions.

I was wondering with lua if it would be possible to make the beds in cribs functional. Add a new node and when clicked it skips time 6 hours or so. Would be kind of immersive. I was thinking something similar to the game Bully
This requires modified cts files and a Lua script that resides in Gameplay context. Maybe possible in separated mods, but won't be a part of SuperUI.

One more question, in multiplayer when you bring up the pause menu, the game doesnt pause. Would that be able to be brought over to singleplayer? A dark-souls type of mod.
No. The game pause is hardcoded.

Last edited:
After a long break, an update of SuperUI is now available.

View attachment 25012
SuperUI v2.3 (April 4, 2020)
* Weapons Cache's equipped status is now much more accurate. Previously it sometimes shown no weapons are equipped or a wrong weapon was equipped.
* Expanded many menu's maximum height. Many menus, such as Garage and Achievements, now show 13 items in one page instead of 9 items.
* Reward Vehicles and Unlocked Achievements are now marked with a Gold Star instead of green font.
* Cash-decreasing and increasing animations can now be disabled with SUI_CASH_TINT_DOWN and SUI_CASH_TINT_UP flags in vint_lib.lua.
* Added "Triangulate" custom mission which displays the player's coordinates. Push Previous Radio key to show Y coordinate, or push Next Radio key to show X,Y,Z coodinates at the same time. (Special Thanks to 452 of Saints Row Wiki for the triangulate code)
* Show a warning message if Saints Row 2 Rerelease is detected. It informs the player that they cannot access the new options or Steam online multiplayer modes. The detection is based on the existence of 'get_shared_variable' and 'set_shared_variable' functions.

This requires modified cts files and a Lua script that resides in Gameplay context. Maybe possible in separated mods, but won't be a part of SuperUI.

No. The game pause is hardcoded.
Thank you for answering my questions, it's good to have closure to my ideas. I'm happy you increased the menu's height. It fits my 1440p setup perfectly.

FYI the new update seems to break the 360 controller prompts in GOTR. In my garage and weapons cache menus, the X button is replaced by the Space Bar prompt.

FYI the new update seems to break the 360 controller prompts in GOTR. In my garage and weapons cache menus, the X button is replaced by the Space Bar prompt.
Did you change "SUI_PLATFORM" variable in vint_lib.lua to an appropriate value ("XBOX360" or "PS3")?

SuperUI v2.4 released.

SuperUI v2.4 (April 6, 2020)
* Expanded more menu's maximum height. (Vehicle Dealers, Unlockable Rewards, etc...)
* Weapons without unlimited ammo are now treated as "not equipped" if you have the unlimited version in Weapons Cache.
(For example, if you take NR4 from the cops, it'll be always a not-unlimited version.
If you then go to an Weapons Cache, the Unlimited NR4 available in the cache is now considered as "not equipped".)
* Removed the horizontal bars at the top and bottom of Crib Customization menu.
* Added "SUI_GARAGE_HORZ_BARS" flag to vint_lib.lua. When set to false, the Garage menu's top and bottom horizontal bars and button hints will disappear and up to 15 vehicles are listed in one page.
* Added an experimental Custom HUD system for mods. See "hud_msg.lua" for more info. (Now used by my Open World Minigames mod)

Setting the SUI_GARAGE_HORZ_BARS flag to false will expand the menu further but sacrifices the button tips (Vehicle Count with Spacebar still works)
SUI_GARAGE_HORZ_BARS.png

That's great. Can you try to add homie contact icons near their names like you did with the stars for reward vehicles?
newhomieslist.png

I hope you like it. Overwrite "cellphone.lua" to your SuperUI v2.4 to use it. I'll include this in v2.5 if it is well received.
I know the horizontal positions of the homie names aren't aligned well, but it is because each homie icon have different width and I can't do anything with it.

Attachments

• cellphone.lua
    79.9 KB · Views: 286
Thank you, that's pretty cool!
Btw, how did you unlock Luz and Aisha as homies?
  • Luz: Complete all 6 levels of Drug Trafficking Hotel and Marina
  • Aisha: Complete one of the postgame mission.
    Complete "Traffic Control" mission to unlock Aisha. To unlock the mission, you need to kill both Dane Vogel and Julius Little. Don't know where Julius is? Go explore the Police Station at Saint's Row.

Back