Subtitles too fast

Hello!
I have experience a problem in Saints Row 2 with subtitles speed. I'm not good at English and I just need subtitles in dialogs to understand what happens) So my friends and I have the same problem. The subtitles are too fast, they just blinking, so I don't even have a time to read them, when they just disappear.
I have license game on Steam, Windows 7 64-bit, I don't use speedhack or Powertools. I have read many forums where people suggest to change compatibility to Win XP in properties of .exe file, but it doesn't work for me.
So I have tried to use Powertools (and Cheat Engine) to solve it, the game speed works normally, but again.. nothing happens with subtitles and they still shows for just like 2 seconds.
If someone have ideas or solution to this problem, I will much appreciated if you can help me.

Thank you!

How about you limit the FPS value of SR2? If you have a Radeon graphic card, you might use RadeonPro.

I don't have a good answer for you.

I did just now check out my SR2 with sub-titles active and viewed a few mission replays at the crib.

While one had to read fast in order to keep up, I did not see the issue you describe here.
The dialog is fast but it was not blinking and then disappearing. I'm a native English speaker and I'd have trouble reading the dialog that quickly, however I'm from Texas and we all talk slow. Ask any Yankee from Connecticut.

I too use Nvidia . System specs below and I'm using latest Nvidia drivers released a few weeks ago.

I tried Windowed and Fullscreen but saw no difference.

Oh, I meant to ask, what language is your subtitles showing?
Just curious.

Last edited:
I have a similar issue. The subtitles (English, in my case) are faster than the voiceovers, ie the character is still speaking but the text is already off the screen. The best way to see it in place is during the opening cinematic, when the guard is talking about how his daughter only listens to Aisha. While he keeps talking, the subtitles are long gone.

I tried to force vsync ingame and also through Catalyst and D3DOverrider, to no avail. Couldn't get RadeonPro and MSI Afterburner to work. According to fraps the FPS are all over the place during cutscenes. I'm on Windows 7 64bits, Gentlemen and Powertools correctly installed.

Back