Stereo Vision Screenshot

Created a cool stereo image today by taking two screen shots with two different settings loaded into the camera_free.xtbl file.

2w71ut4.jpg

Cross your eyes until the two images above becomes three, the middle one is the one you are looking for. I got the idea for this after looking at a project someone made with another popular game that had it's source code released. They pretty much did the same exact thing by running two cameras side by side to simulate a left and right eye. It would be nice if we could all figure out how to get something like this ingame. I got a couple ideas but nothing worth really going into detail at the moment as they are all heavily flawed in some way.

Edit: got another screenshot here.

concept2.jpg

Don't forget to check out the ammo boxes in the background. They do an amazing job showing off depth perception.

EDIT: even more stereo goodness

jhesyc.jpg

EDIT: one last edit, I seen this poor bum laying here and I had to take a picture of him

1z6v7dk.jpg

EDIT: Changed image hosts, pictures should show up properly now.

Last edited:
It's a shame you guys can not experience the magic of what I've provided without an external device. I guess true 3d is something you can not understand unless you know what you are supposed to be looking for. I'll look around and see if I can find a simple DIY stereo set that doesn't require some complex VR device.

Edit:

Embedded images from that image hosting web site do not work properly.

I've noticed that issue when looking at the thread on my phone. As shady as it may sound I think it just might relate to the 3d boobs as I've never had a problem with that site until I have posted somewhat "questionable" content.

Edit: I think I may have fixed the image links. Also I may have not explained the cross eye thing very well. When you cross your eyes you should see four images, two for each eye. What you want to do is blend those images together until you see just three images then focus on the middle one. That's basically what everything naturally looks like when wearing an Oculus Rift headset.

Last edited:
Ok so I've added a large pink and small red dot to the following image. When you are crossing your eyes try to get the two pink dots to blend into each other. Then focus on it until you can see the red dot in the center. If you can get your eyes to focus on it then the rest of the images three dimensional nature should become more apparent.

71rz81.jpg

I wouldn't recommend anyone trying to go cross-eyed as its strains the eyes something awful.
There's an alternative where you just relax the muscles as if looking through the picture, but for the images to work with that method, you'd have to flip left and right screenshots first.

Back