Steam version crashes instantly when trying to launch

Hey guys and gals,
I bought Saints IV GotC edition on Steam, and despite trying every fix i could find, I cannot get the game to launch. Every time I try to launch the game (either through Steam, or directly through the exe), it crashes instantly and has a popup that reads: "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program".

I've tried every solution I could think of, including a few suggestions from some people on Reddit that were trying to help, including; copy/pasting someones display.ini file (but changing the settings to match what I can run), running the game in compatibility mode for every system from XP to Windows 8, delete the Saints IV file directory and uninstalling/reinstalling the game, validating the Steam files, and trying to launch the game in windowed mode, and despite all of this I'm still having the same problem, I don't see any logos or a startup screen, as soon as I click launch/the exe, the game crashes.

I even downloaded the GOG version, just to see if it was my pc or Steam that was causing the issue, and that version runs perfectly, and booted up straight away, only downside is, from what I hear, the GOG version doesn't play nice with mods. So, if anyone is able to lend a hand, and help me get this game working, I'd be very grateful.

Apologies for the long post.

Have you tried to install the pre-workshop build?
So I believe I followed the steps correctly, and still no dice, I will attach a screenshot of my install folder, so you can help confirm if I did everything correctly.

Attachments

• image_2022-06-01_204959650.png
    image_2022-06-01_204959650.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 100
Back