SRV Ideas thread.

@rastaman289
Free roaming.
That's why there's still an enemy threat.
As in SaintsRowIV you still have alien threats
As in SaintsRowThe3rd you have the random emergency calls.
In both you have player invasion
Co-op replayable activities
Co-op allowing friendly fire

Multiplayer is nice but unfortunately that's become a selling point for many strong single player games such as this & to me multiplayer makes single player pointless.
Why put in the effort on single player when so many rather play multiplayer.

Ask around, what gets more replay in GTAV
Single or multi

DeadSpace2 added multiplayer & it nearly killed single player to me.
DeadSpace2 multiplayer took away the element of surprise
Allowed weapon training
Strategy building
Familiarity with character movement.
DeadSpace2's multiplayer took away alot of single player campaign's challenge.

Volition puts alot of effort into characters, stories, etc.
Single player should get all the replay value not multiplayer where gamers could spend time.

Depend on the game design, bro.

As you can see, GTAV has its multiplayer mode separated from the single, unlike SR and Borderlands. GTA Online is a whole separate game that makes GTAV as if a big 2-weeks tutorial for the Online mode. Rockstar also wants you to play GTA O and they also support Online mode 1000x more than the single player.

I agree that Single Player needs to be sharpened and we shouldn't too much relying to Online. Take example, what if ISP is down at the moment and it's your chill time? I wouldn't touch GTAV and Borderlands, to be honest. I would pick my Dynasty Warriors over those games when there's internet outage (let's say I didn't have SR in this case).

Why? Because in Dynasty Warriors there is 'O B J E C T I V E' in single player which makes my gameplay has a 'backbone' and doing objective will give me random reward, although the game's been finished. This is the same as SR3 Survival (especially) and SR4 challenges.

While in Borderlands, when you've done with the playthrough, you're basically in the world walking aimlessly or have a single objective to do, "Kill Raid Boss" - over and over again. Yep, without the existence of other players, Borderlands is drought land - to me, at least.

TL;DR: Objective is needed to make Single Player has its 'replay value'

Remember Miller-Space mission in SaintsRowIV where you're driving the motorcycle & dodging tanks/Aliens while driving ?

That alone should've been a replayable activity.
Saints of Rage sidescroller mission over anything to be honest :I

Here's an idea. Saints Row V makes fun of fantasy tropes and clichés.

Imagine we watch our character grow from some random kid in a village to the most epic badass sorcerer in the land, the Saints clan expands, taking over all the other clans before finally marching up to the keep where the Lord Chancellor/King/Queen/Emperor/Empress/Whatever lives. It's a blend of Saints Row 2 and Saints Row: The Third with fantasy elements. It's also set in a steampunk world which can be of use for Gat (who would be a literal blood knight.) Wait, maybe Gat and Boss become leader of a new knight order: The Order of the Saints.

Races could be: Humans, goblins, elves, dwarves, and halflings. The customization is the same with a few added bonuses. Superpowers would be spells fired from the hands and feet and the 'clusters' could be scrolls used to upgrade spell power.

More musical cutscenes.
Oh definitely. Musical numbers are a staple of some fantasy stories. I can imagine the Boss going, "Hold on, I need to sing this song about our goals. It'll set the mood, promise." Cue bad, bad singing from Boss and all the wildlife listening hauling ass away from him/her.

Saints Row V makes fun of fantasy tropes and clichés.
7dPbEpQ.jpg

I love to play alone mainly.
For me multiplayer is a bit like when you take confidence. First you explore alone, then you invite friends. Still, I consider videogames like my bedroom. A place to stay alone.
If I play with somebody, is like inviting a friend at home.
To me is better to make a great singleplayer, and then making this singleplayer enough cool to be pleyed ALSO in multyplayer.

@VSW Whored Mode should return to SaintsRowV

Yeah, but with the possibility to play with our MC

Make it neat:

- SR3-styled Emergency Call to include: Survival, Assassination request, Vehicle theft request. (Personally, I really like the random call. It feels like in real world and people ask you for help, then you decide yes or no)
- Arcade Machine mini-game to include: Gat's platformer, other weirdo IV-GOOH styled mini-games, and all those Kinzie-Deckers related hi-tech fantasy stuff. Possibly riding that Gat Dragon above (lol) and eat all the SR1-3 gangsters...

* Separated Activities:
- Mayhem
- Whored mode
- Random Flash Point (if possible)
- SR3 Genki, ffs
- SR3 GenkiBowl VII and beyond
- Realistic activities, such as Street Racing, Parachuting, Fight Club (ffs), Parkour Race

Something like the RC Possessor that works on people aswell, so you can control them like your own character.

If anything, I would love to see more missions like Three way from SR:TT. I love to see such huge fights between 3 parties, and when I finally played that mission again, I just wanted to replay it immediately.

Back