SRTTR Extracting Tool (menthe sr-tools desktop version)

Admixon

Description
This tool allows you to extract vpp_pc and str2_pc files. It was made by LucasRitter who posted it on Saintscord discord server and I was allowed to upload it on the forums. It's in beta stage so you can't pack or repack the files yet. I just added a bat file that makes extracting files easier.

Usage
1. Download TTR Extracting Tool.rar file
2. Extract the files to any folder
3. Navigate to your game installation folder and open cache folder
4. Find a file you want to extract and copy and paste it to the tool folder
1640840490579.png

5. Open Edit and Convert.bat file in notepad
6. Put a name of the file you want to extract with an extention between "" like:
sr-tools.exe vpp unpack "misc_tables.vpp_pc"
and save and close the window
7. Run Edit and Convert.bat and a folder with the name of your vpp_pc file should appear above
1640840637065.png

8. And that's all. You can also extract str2_pc files

Attachments

• TTR Tools.rar
    210.5 KB · Views: 1,252
This doesn't seem to work for me. I put the two files in a folder alone with the misc_tables.vpp_pc file and even copied the exact line of text from step 6 and all that happens is the command prompt window appears for a split second and vanishes with no new folder even appearing.

1. Are you trying to extract the files from the remaster? The tool works only with the remaster files
2. Make sure you saved changes in the edited bat file
3. Edit and the bat file again and add "pause" at the end
sr-tools.exe vpp unpack "misc_tables.vpp_pc"
pause
save changes, run it and tell me what do you see in the window

1. Are you trying to extract the files from the remaster? The tool works only with the remaster files

Ah, okay. It told me I needed to install .NET Core, which I'm guessing it did before also only it would close immediately after. So I was able to figure it out from there, thanks a bunch.

I extracted the data but I don't see any tool for unpack the textures. I try with the original tool for unpack textures of SR3 but it only give a 0 size dds. If they work that way with texture I presume it will be the same with 3D models.

"A fatal error occurred. The required library hostfxr.dll could not be found."

Back