SR4 Removed & Beta Content (New thread)

Saints Row "Part Four"
The final title should be Part Four or Saints Row III,5
trzy.png

I wonder why Volition is releasing all of this concept art of the SR Franchise all of a sudden. (For example Undercover, the canceled SR2 Movie, what SR3 and SR4 were supposed to be etc.) To me it seems a tad bit odd to release all that info AND reboot the series only to announce a game that only has a few references to the main SR series. In my opinion this, the cross-promotion with No Goblin and AOM screams of viral marketing. Than again I could be completely wrong. :confused:

Reactions: F13
I wonder why Volition is releasing all of this concept art of the SR Franchise all of a sudden. (For example Undercover, the canceled SR2 Movie, what SR3 and SR4 were supposed to be etc.) To me it seems a tad bit odd to release all that info AND reboot the series only to announce a game that only has a few references to the main SR series. In my opinion this, the cross-promotion with No Goblin and AOM screams of viral marketing. Than again I could be completely wrong. :confused:
Or maybe volition are just getting everything to do with saints row out of the way so they don't come bacck to haunt them 10 years after the conclusion to the series. i think your right anyway.

I'm not gonna blame Volition for the outcome of the series.... buuuut... I'm gonna have to blame Volition for the outcome of the series, if they focused on being a less wacky with forced humor, then they could've had maybe 3 to 4 more games. If expanded properly, they could make that number increase.

Personally I blame THQ since they were the ones that forced SR3 out the gate and had Volition scrap the original SR4 in favor of the movie-referencing mess that was supposed to be ETD.

The problem is that they obviously just tried to outdo each previous game in terms of craziness and 'humor' and it ended up shite. At some point there's nowhere left to go.
As I stated before it would be one thing if Volition and THQ kept ETD as it was supposed to be, but instead they decided to turn it into SR4. It would be like if Rockstar called Manhunt, Red Dead Redemption or Bully "GTA 4", "GTA 5" and "GTA 6" respectively. Sure Manhunt takes place in the same world as GTA, and sure you can describe RDR as Grand Theft Horse, or Bully as a high school beat-em up version of GTA, but Rockstar knew if they labled those games as "GTA" it would end up screwing with the franchise and would alienate fans. Let's also look at Ubisoft. What do you think would happen if Blood Dragon and Primal were labled as "Far Cry 5 and 6" again, it would screw with the franchise and would needlessly anger fans. This is the same reason why the COD community tore BLOPS 3 and Infinite Warfare a new one, or why MGS fans were disgusted with Metal Gear Survive.

Last edited:
Soopa six
r75OIgR.png

//edit
Shark shotgun , Airstrike ,Togo 13 , Genki Launcher , Predator , RC Gun and Sonic boom Were meant to be Heavy Weapons but got deleted or they were leftovers (But why category change?)
Decker's Rocket hammer was meant to return as a Melee category weapon
The same as above but with Shields
There was a cut grenade (Icon is Pipe bomb from saints row 2 and its named Sticky future grenade)
Stag rifle icon is in files
Bling shotgun might be a leftover but its there (Icon)
smg_spread and pistol_ng got cut again
Temponary grenade launcher , Minigun , Flamethrower were cut
Temponary Deckers sword was cut (Icon is Machete from Saints row 2)
Satchel charges got cut
Chainsaw got cut
45 Shepherd got cut/Replaced

Last edited:
Back