SR3 Low FPS help

I decided to reinstall 3 and 4 to play them with mods again and I'm noticing that SR3 is unplayable due to getting like 10 fps. The weird thing is that while SR4 is a little choppy, it still runs notably better. I remember running into this exact issue and I'm pretty sure the solution was to change some setting for the game in my Nvidia options, but for the life of me I can't remember what I did then. I know it's not a hardware issue as I've beaten both multiple times on this same PC without low FPS like this. I guess this also spreads to SR4 as I'd like to improve the fps there too.

Even on the lowest settings, there is no difference. I just get around 10fps

Had similar issue with The Third, one of the mods caused the low fps problem. I recommend you to reinstall the game once again and check if the problem exists on vanilla (not modded version)

It happened with no mods when I first installed it. When I first installed it, I ran it and it was like this. Only mods I even have are shitface's weapon mod, a RE gun model mod, and the zombie mod. Can't imagine any of those would mess with the FPS like this.

Am I SOL? Or is there something I can do to fix the FPS problem? I can't even power through it either as the first mission gets really buggy when it lags like this. Like, the helicopter doesn't land after using the drone strikes. If I reload a checkpoint after that, two copters are there and one of them blows up almost instantly since it's clipping into the ground. So I can't push through the low FPS.

SR4 still works mostly fine FPS wise so I really don't know why 3 is like this

Yea same thing for me. Pretty sure it does this because the software is old for SR3 so it doesn't work well with the new software. Don't know a solution sorry

Back