SR2: On Foot Radio V2.0.1

This is most likely my final release of On Foot Radio (besides bug fixes), this version (V2.0.1) is way more stable and very basic
compared to v1 and v1.1. With this version everything works set aside from GoTR based bugs and Vanilla SR2 bugs. Everything works as intended BESIDES actual crib radios, you can hear them when on foot radio is turned off as well as ambient sound and music, however you can't change there radio station anymore, and I did this because on foot radio would turn off when changing a crib radio.
- You can no longer change radio stations on the fly, and this new version was my original idea I should have stuck with. So to fix all the issues of v1 and v1.1. I have added on foot radio triggers to cribs. Yes you have to forfeit the ability to change radio stations anywhere at anytime. But on the bright side this version works, everything works as it should. To change radio stations, you have to go to your cribs and docks and hanger.
Just like before music is always heard, and whatever radio station you choose you are stuck with until you go change it at a crib via it's on foot radio trigger. Also if you can't make it to a crib, you can always turn your music volume down via audio settings. I hope you like v2 over v1, as v1 makes the game pretty much unplayable IMO. But for archive purposes I will leave v1.1 downloadable.
In the download there is screenshots and a text doc that show where the triggers are located. I hope ya enjoy!

Also to note: it's best to go to your settings via pause menu, and go to audio and change radio in car to turn on manually. This is to avoid the music overlap from on foot radio and car radio combined while driving.

V2.0.1
- Disabled crib radios
I did this because there was a issue when changing a crib radio, on foot radio sometimes turns off.
When turning on foot radio off manualy via on foot radio triggers, you can hear crib radios
and ambient store radios like you normally would, however you can no longer change there station.
Sorry if this is bothersome, it's the best I could do.
---------------------
V2.0.0
- Completely Redone.
- Took a step back, went back to my original idea.
- Can only change radio stations at cribs now (Sorry)
- Be sure to read the READ ME.
----------------------
V1.0.1
-----------------------
- General Bug Fixes (Mostly fixed Elevator Navpoints)
- Edited Read Me Files
-----------------------
v1.0.0
-----------------------
- Initial Release

This mod was made GoTR compatible, and because of that this mod does replace current GoTR files that have been edited to be made compatible.

Extract these files/folder somewhere on your desktop or wherever you see fit.
then refer to the install patch below.

Install Path:
-------------
In the GoTR Folder head on over to optional_mod_stuff/1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE

Put the files in the (put your mods here folder). Then run the GoTR patch builder/maker and build your custom GoTR the files included with this mod will overwrite any previous modded files from GoTR, but don't worry I used GoTR files as the base of this mod so these are 100% compatible, and GoTR is needed anyways. This mod doesn't work without GoTR.

If you have modded files that include any of the files in this mod it will overwrite them, so it's best to backup your patch.vpp_pc file before continuing.

-Mod Created By CabooseSayzWTF

if you want to edit this mod or use it in a video go ahead, just be sure to give credit where due.

This mod is a somewhat stable functional on foot radio mod for saints row 2.
This mod allows you to listen to music anywhere on the map, and change radio stations on the fly. However with this mod comes a HUGE price to pay, there are issues and bugs that come with this, thus why it's in beta stage because I can't figure out how to fix the bugs that are in this release.

This mod was made GoTR compatible, and because of that this mod does replace current GoTR files that have been edited to be made compatible.

Extract these files/folder somewhere on your desktop or wherever you see fit.
then refer to the install patch below.

Install Path:
-------------
In the GoTR Folder head on over to optional_mod_stuff/1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE

Put the files in the (put your mods here folder). Then run the GoTR patch builder/maker and build your custom GoTR the files included with this mod will overwrite any previous modded files from GoTR, but don't worry I used GoTR files as the base of this mod so these are 100% compatible, and GoTR is needed anyways. This mod doesn't work without GoTR.

If you have modded files that include any of the files in this mod it will overwrite them, so it's best to backup your patch.vpp_pc file before continuing.

-Mod Created By CabooseSayzWTF

if you want to edit this mod or use it in a video go ahead, just be sure to give credit where due.

This is a list of known bugs from my own testing as I created these.
If you experience anymore, let me know on the thread/forum.

1. When resuming a gamesave and spawning in a crib, the music is somewhat low/normal volume. However when exiting a crib and walking away from a cribs radio trigger radius the volume increases to how it should be and works how it should. This bug started to occur when I created this mod as a custom .cts and not in the actual crib cts file. (This is not a major bug but listed for general info)

2. Activities do not work!, Besides Zombie Uprising

3.In some places the on foot radio text might disappear and stop responding (This means there is no trigger for on foot radio in this location). If you encounter this let me know where it's located via powertools coordinates.

4. Missions work via replay only. Also on foot radio works with missions, just press action button to change station even though text doesnt appear saying change radio. (However, missions that require the action button to execute a lua script or different scripted trigger, most likely won't work properly)

5. The on foot radio will override any other game music so if it's turned on you won't be able to hear ambient sounds/ music very well. I mean you will but everything else will be in the background and will be low in volume.

6. Improvised weapons no longer work. This can't be fixed. Improvised weapons are world objects you pick up and use as weapons.

7. Invisble triggers such as Zombie Uprising in TV's and minigames/coin ops no longer work.
(Some tv's in the game use a invisible trigger that you can press Y or Enter on to jump straight into zombie uprising). Zombie Uprising however does work with crib Tv icons.

8. Crib Customization does not work!

9. Gang Customization may not work!

10. Crib purchasing does not work.

11. If you run into a tv icon or newspaper icon, you run endlessly in place the direction you were running. With this bug if you accidentally run into lets say a tv icon and your player is stuck running and runs into a newspaper icon, the menu of the tv and newspaper will collide with each other and both menus will be stacked. This goes for any crib menu/item. This bug can occur with any crib item/menu. I haven't noticed any major issues with this happening, because the last crib item/menu your player ran into while stuck in this running state is the menu that's active, while the other menu is in the background. The only fix i found for this is to disable crib tv's and crib newspapers. However I will not leave them disabled. This is a bug you will have to look over, even though it's hard to.

The fix for bugs 8-10 is to use stock GoTR -buy your cribs, customize your gang, and customize your cribs how you want them, then save your game and re-install this mod.

If you find anymore bugs or if the game crashes let me know what It is, what you were doing when it happened. Where it happened and a coordinate of where it happened if possible. Also let me know if you can re-create it (if its a bug issue)

Here are the major changes to GoTR with this mod installed.

TRIGGER DELAYS/Delay Bugs
--------------------------
All crib items have a 8-10 second trigger delay. If you stay in crib items menus for more than 8-10 seconds, upon exiting the crib item menu you will loop back into the menu. If that happens just exit that crib item menu right away and get away from the crib item trigger.

All stores have a 8-10 second trigger delay. If you stay in store menus for more than 8-10 seconds, upon exiting the store menu you will loop back into the menu. If that happens just exit that store menu right away and get away from the store menu trigger.

Garages have a 25-28 second trigger delay. If you stay in a garage menu for more than 25-28 seconds, upon exiting the garage menu you will loop back into the menu. If that happenes just exit the menu right away and get away from the garage menu trigger.

Car dealerships have a 25-28 second trigger delay. If you stay in a dealership menu for more than 25-28 seconds, upon exiting the dealership menu you will loop back into the menu. If that happens just exit the menu right away and get away from the dealership menu trigger. But if you buy a vehicle and spawn in it, don't worry about the menu loop back.

Mechanics have a 25-28 second trigger delay. If you stay in a mechanic menu for more than 25-28 seconds, upon exiting the mechanic menu you will loop back into the menu. If that happenes just exit the menu right away and drive away from the dealership menu trigger. Let's face it though you will be in a mechanic menu for longer than 25-28 seconds most of the time.

For the stores that have a 25-28 second trigger delay, yes you will have to wait a bit longer before you can enter a mechanic or garage or dealership again. I did this for obvious trigger menu loop back issues.

ELEVATORS:
-----------
All teleporters/elevators in the game(Including GoTR) have new navpoints, this had to be done to fix a black screen issue caused by looping in and out of the elevator. Also Phillips building elevators have been moved around to avoid a black screen loop issue.

All trigger messages for stores, and elevators have been removed to make stores and such work with on foot radio.

Sorry for the small video preview, i'm only using vimeo so I wouldn't get copyright strikes on my Channel for the ingame music.

Attachments

• SR2 On Foot Radio - Beta V1.0.1.rar
    93.1 KB · Views: 573
  • SR2 On Foot Radio V2.0.1.rar
    17.9 MB · Views: 1,271
Last edited:
When I try to exit the Phillips Building via GoTR prompt, I get stuck inside, as shown in the screenshot below. Would you be able to fix it in any way?
20180306085743_1.jpg

Apart from that, it works great, I love it! It makes the game so much more climatic for me. I just wish it didn't collide with activities and missions but still, quite an interesting experiment. ^^
Racing activities might work, because on foot radio is disabled in cars. However I haven't tested because I hate racing lol.
I've tried, they don't. Pressing the action button only makes you exit the vehicle.

Last edited:
That happened to me before at the same place, I had to end up teleporting out of the mess and ended up at the Red Light district.

When I try to exit the Phillips Building via GoTR prompt, I get stuck inside, as shown in the screenshot below. Would you be able to fix it in any way?
View attachment 18182
Apart from that, it works great, I love it! It makes the game so much more climatic for me. I just wish it didn't collide with activities and missions but still, quite an interesting experiment. ^^
I'm out paying bills ATM. But when I get back I'll see what I can do. Does it do that with gotr sandbox prompt or just the elevator itself. If it's the elevator I should be able to fix it in no time. I also gotta update red light elevators the new navpoints are too close. If it's a sandbox prompt code entry I can fix it also via adding a custom navpoint. Also does the on foot radio work with mission replay. I haven't tested yet. If it doesn't I should be able to add on foot radio triggers to the mission files. That spawn when said mission starts.

Does it do that with gotr sandbox prompt or just the elevator itself. If it's the elevator I should be able to fix it in no time.
It's the elevator prompt, actually. I haven't tried Sandbox+ ones yet.
Also does the on foot radio work with mission replay. I haven't tested yet.
It does, I checked it briefly. Everything seems to be in order when it comes to mission replay.

Updated to V2. V2 is my original plan for on foot radio, so we took a few steps back. Some wont like it but most will considering everything works now. Download it, read the read me files and read the topic. I hope everyone understands why I did what I did for this mod to be a success. There are no bugs to note atm besides GoTR bugs and vanilla bugs. However v1.1 can still be downloaded, you can choose which you like more it's up to you. But for me i'm sticking with v2 as it's more superior and more simplistic kinda. To note: you can't change radio stations on the fly anymore. However music is always heard, and there are triggers spread out to change the radio stations.

Updated to V2. V2 is my original plan for on foot radio, so we took a few steps back. Some wont like it but most will considering everything works now. Download it, read the read me files and read the topic. I hope everyone understands why I did what I did for this mod to be a success. There are no bugs to note atm besides GoTR bugs and vanilla bugs. However v1.1 can still be downloaded, you can choose which you like more it's up to you. But for me i'm sticking with v2 as it's more superior and more simplistic kinda. To note: you can't change radio stations on the fly anymore. However music is always heard, and there are triggers spread out to change the radio stations.
With V2 radio plays on foot after launching the game but when I change the station at a crib, it comes back to normal, i.e. it's only heard inside the interior, nowhere else.

With V2 radio plays on foot after launching the game but when I change the station at a crib, it comes back to normal, i.e. it's only heard inside the interior, nowhere else.
Did you change the on foot radio trigger or a crib radio trigger? When i change the on foot radio trigger I can still hear it everywhere?

EDIT: I recreated what you have done. So you changed a actual crib radio trigger, yeah when doing that the crib radio becomes priority 1 radio in said area, and on foot radio gets shut off. You can just go back to a on foot radio trigger and turn it back on. I'll see what i can do about that, since this go around i used a custom radio as the on foot radio that way it wouldn't interfere with crib radios last time. I'll try using a crib radio again and report back what happens, Ill even try messing with the priority settings of said radio.

Last edited:
Back