Spanish Subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original game has subtitles in English (obviously) in French, in Japanese but not in Spanish, so I think it would be necessary to create a modification for the subtitles in Spanish

Given that Spanish uses the standard Latin-1 + Supplementary charset, no manipulations on font files are needed, one could edit US_Strings.txt (from misc2.vpp) to get the desired result.

Now, I am not a Spanish speaker, but I do have an OmegaT Translation project and a little Python script to assemble the text file from the translated ones. If someone's up to the task, I could provide those files for a headstart.

How curious... There is actually a subtitle file for Spanish language in misc (not misc2) package. And it's conveniently named ES_Strings.txt. The interface seems to be fully translated, but the subtitles for missions/activities are still in English, which is kinda weird.

Hey! What a pity nobody replied yet, a spanish subtitles mod is something I've been looking for since I got SR1.

I've never done any of this kinda stuff but I'm a fast learner (better if I'm willing to get a result I could use myself) and I'd be happy to help with this, even if it's only translating (I'm a native Spanish speaker) or if I have to code anything.

I'll be waiting for your responses!

Hey! What a pity nobody replied yet, a spanish subtitles mod is something I've been looking for since I got SR1.

I've never done any of this kinda stuff but I'm a fast learner (better if I'm willing to get a result I could use myself) and I'd be happy to help with this, even if it's only translating (I'm a native Spanish speaker) or if I have to code anything.

I'll be waiting for your responses!
You can check it out here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back