Space Issue

I've being doing some texture edit in SR 3 & 4. The problem comes with a funny issue on SR3 tool for convert the images to STR2+ Update the .asm:

The gibbedvolition doesn't know recognize if the name of the texture has space. Example for editing the "Default male diffuse.str2_pc" just for have space between name the tool doesn't know recognize and at times it crash.

Before they ask:

-YES, I've done all the process right with name and correct order
-I've done texture editing on SR3 and by far it has work great
-Just gives this issue on SR3 as I've text the texture in SR4 and works perfect as always without crash or side effect
-Only the body texture like the Default Male has space a part of the Normal_Mapping texture, the rest are all with "_" between space
-I've try to put "_" between space by this eventually cause a game crash.

The other I could use is ThomasJepp.SaintsRow tool, but it doesn't take well the SR3 .asm, and often of times it crash before update the .asm (and that it doesn't have the option for mark the SR3, it just show the SR2,4 and Gat Outta Hell, but not SR3)

So, for that I'm asking if they is a third way for bypass the "Space Issue".

I haven't used the tools in a while but if I recall correctly, it required using the command prompt, yes? What exactly are you typing in to the cmd?

I haven't used the tools in a while but if I recall correctly, it required using the command prompt, yes? What exactly are you typing in to the cmd?

The gibbedvolition Tool use command but on .bat file. Yet as I've say it at the begging of the post the command was done right (as it has work with other texture), but if you ask, this is the one I use:

REM param 1 is the file name to save - param 2 is the folder containing the str2 pc files
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2.exe Default male diffuse.str2_pc Default male diffuse

REM param 1 is the asm - param 2 is the folder with the str2 files. . means current folder
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.exe customize_player.asm_pc .
pause

With all the file on the same folder as usual. Because I've done this with other texture, same process, same place same of ALL. and with the rest it work.
But once again the others have the name unite by "_" were it was space, not like this texture that doesn't have and maybe the tool doesn't recognize it.

You say you used underscore instead of spaces, but have you tried putting all the names in quotation marks? You don't appear to have them in the batch code you gave. With quotations, your code should be this:
Code:
REM param 1 is the file name to save - param 2 is the folder containing the str2 pc files
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2.exe "Default male diffuse.str2_pc" "Default male diffuse"

REM param 1 is the asm - param 2 is the folder with the str2 files. . means current folder
pause

I did that with another file and it worked fine with spaces in the source folder and resulting str2_pc file.

You say you used underscore instead of spaces, but have you tried putting all the names in quotation marks? You don't appear to have them in the batch code you gave. With quotations, your code should be this:
Code:
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2.exe "Default male diffuse.str2_pc" "Default male diffuse"

pause

I did that with another file and it worked fine with spaces in the source folder and resulting str2_pc file.

I whonder why I didn't add that before?
Anyway; now it works PERFECT! Update the .asm and it did create the .str2_pc! And it work perfect in the game! Thanks a lot!

Back