Shaders(Materials) Explained

So blend map is for transparency?
What if I want to have 50% transparent yellow texture?
Not really, Blend map is for blending 2 Sphere maps. I really can't imagine for what purpose that shader was made. Maybe for faking some complex material. For transparency effect you should use first two shaders ir_at_bbsimple1 and ir_at_bbsimple3 but I guess you'll get huge disappointment. That shaders using very basic clipping transparency technik. Every color in alpha channel that darker than white became invisible without any transparency gradient.
I have little hope that transparency for some shader can be enable by editing convertor's xml but I am not so sure.

dkd7G6q.jpg

HDdhy5q.jpg

Last edited:
So blend map is for transparency?
What if I want to have 50% transparent yellow texture?
Yeah you can open sr_shaders.xml in the SDK's folder and find <Mat_Alpha_Mode>1</Mat_Alpha_Mode> parameter for some shader
1 - clipping opacity
2 - as on video
3 - looks similar as 2
It does not controller at all if you far away from light source material became more transparent.

So if I want to have more than one SB in my folder I have to name them item_name1_sb, item_name2_sb,... ? What if my item name is: "dress2"? Should it be dress21_sb, dress22_sb,...?

So if I want to have more than one SB in my folder I have to name them item_name1_sb, item_name2_sb,... ? What if my item name is: "dress2"? Should it be dress21_sb, dress22_sb,...?
Honestly, it doesn't, matter, you can name them as you wish. Mapping texture to the right material slot is matter but naming here is more for readability reason. Even devs made some mistakes with prefixes.

Yeah you can open sr_shaders.xml in the SDK's folder and find <Mat_Alpha_Mode>1</Mat_Alpha_Mode> parameter for some shader
1 - clipping opacity
2 - as on video
3 - looks similar as 2
It does not controller at all if you far away from light source material became more transparent.
I'm sure I did something wrong. What textures do I need for transparency? _d, _n and... _blend? There's only one shader that uses <Mat_Alpha_Mode>1 and it's ir_at_bbsimple3 but it doesn't work.

Last edited:
So according to this picture:
ir_at_bbsimple3 uses Diffuse Map only so I created phong that uses only diffuse map:
ball.png

I set Mat_Alpha_Mode
mat.png

and I sellected ir_at_bbsimple3 in the converter
convert.png

and it doesn't work. The texture is normal (without any transparency)

So according to this picture:

ir_at_bbsimple3 uses Diffuse Map only so I created phong that uses only diffuse map:
View attachment 18510
I set Mat_Alpha_Mode
View attachment 18511
and I sellected ir_at_bbsimple3 in the converter
View attachment 18512
and it doesn't work. The texture is normal (without any transparency)
Hmm, that kinda interesting I will retest all soon, also at_bbsimple3 is two-sided material so I don't recommend it as good one for non-alpha transperancy

Back