1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saints Row Weather Mod for SR2

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FusionH2o, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:27 AM.

1. Welcome to my Saints Row Weather Mod for SR2. This is intended to be played without the HDR (High Dynamic Range) enabled. The reason you may ask? The first game in the Saints Row series didn't have the HDR technology as seen in other Saints Row games such as Saints Row 2. The option for HDR is found in the Options Menu, disable it before using this mod. Weather is very similar to the weather found in the first game. There still need some improvements though.

I also added a custom cheat.xtbl file so you can unlock "Medium Rain" as a cheat. Dial #67248 to unlock Medium Rain. Also included are the effects.xtbl file, it don't do nothing but assign the effect "cf_lightning_gnd01" to be preloaded into the game when the game is turned on.
    Also is a "preload.tbl" file, this goes into the main SR2 install folder.

Lightning.xtbl has also been changed to allow peds to get struck by lightning whenever the Wath of God cheat is enabled.

How to install:
    GoTR is required for this mod

Skybox files along with the cheats.xtbl, effects.xtbl, lightning.xtbl, time_of_day.xtbl, weather.xtbl, and the
    weather_time_of_day.xtbl files goes into your "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" folder then rebuild patch. Once you've done that don't forget to put the "preload.tbl" file into your main SR2 installation folder.

Screenshots:
    Night:
    SR2_pc 2017-03-19 21-55-50-43.png

Overcast:
    SR2_pc 2017-03-19 21-56-54-69.png

Light Rain:
    SR2_pc 2017-03-19 21-57-16-04.png
    Heavy Rain:
    SR2_pc 2017-03-19 21-57-28-28.png

Medium Rain:
    SR2_pc 2017-03-19 21-58-55-70.png

How to enter cheat for Medium rain:
    Step one:
    SR2_pc 2017-03-19 21-58-30-05.png

Step two:
    SR2_pc 2017-03-19 21-58-33-31.png

Attached Files:

2. This looks amazing!

FusionH2o likes this.
  3. Quantum

Quantum Modding patch tester

That's awesome! The first game had the best weather of all the games. Were you able to reproduce the flashy lightning that lights up the whole area? I really miss that in all the other games.

FusionH2o likes this.
  4. Try it out. I also made it so lightning strikes more often and on top of it all if you have a history of epileptic seizures I wouldn't recommend it :p