Saints Row IV reviews are here!

That's always fine with me XD(mainly since it will probably run better on my notebook than SR3 did)

Not for me. I had SR3 on PC and it ran flawlessly, but then I bought it on PS3. Now, I've pre-ordered SR4 for PS3, but I've been seeing some pretty bad reviews regarding the PS3. That sucks. :(

Not for me. I had SR3 on PC and it ran flawlessly, but then I bought it on PS3. Now, I've pre-ordered SR4 for PS3, but I've been seeing some pretty bad reviews regarding the PS3. That sucks. :(
Yea I saw that ps3 euro review or something and it got a 5 or so(don't remember)(I'm just hoping it either runs faster then SR3...since it seems like a better port..or runs the same since it's on the same engine...which was sadly a low medium for me :/...but then again I got it running on a notebook so I guess that's a good feat.)

Yea I saw that ps3 euro review or something and it got a 5 or so(don't remember)(I'm just hoping it either runs faster then SR3...since it seems like a better port..or runs the same since it's on the same engine...which was sadly a low medium for me :/...but then again I got it running on a notebook so I guess that's a good feat.)

I saw the GameRankings ( 79 % ) and the Metacritic one ( 77 ), and I didn't like it. I was hoping that someone from Volition could give me an info about it.

I saw the GameRankings ( 79 % ) and the Metacritic one ( 77 ), and I didn't like it. I was hoping that someone from Volition could give me an info about it.
IM REALLY surprised however with metacritics rating for the PC SR4 giving it a respectable 86...(IGN however gave it a 70...but I never listen to IGN for their shitty reviews)

But overall I hope you have a good time on the PS3 version(I was choosing between PC and Xbox but I chose PC in the end because like I said if I can get it running on my notebook then...hey SR4 on the go)

I also think the reason people urge you to go with PC in some of these reviews is because (I believe one of Idolninja's reports stated this) SRIV is simply hitting the maximum capacity of the last-gen consoles.
I'm glad though, once the next-gen consoles get out, even the PC ports will at the very least be 64-bit as well, which is great for games that are highly moddable as you can just beef up the graphics/textures without fear of hitting the 4GB memory caps.

For Saints Row, I just hope they'll makes their textures and models more accessible to modders, Skyrim for instance has everything in separate folder/files, so modders can just focus on one part and mod users can pretty much mix and match as they please.
I think with how SRTT was set up, you could really only use one texture mod at a time because everything is packed into a single file, which also means modding it is much more time consuming.

It's already very admirable that they are making and releasing the modding tools, but the game data structuring is also important for modding to really take flight.
Personally, I think we also have DS to thank for this, I know them from the Space sim "X" Franchise which is also a highly moddable/scriptable game series, so I think Deep Silver is one of those companies who do see some added value to making moddable games. For PC it gives games a longer life-span (Skyrim was a top 10 steam game for a VERY long time indeed).

But keep the reviews (especially those with gameplay) coming, I need my fix until next week, your efforts are much appreciated here!

Adam Sessler's thoughts on SR4:

Back