Saints Row IV PC official patch suggestion and bug report subforum sticky

Status
Not open for further replies.

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
Volition is committed to the PC version of SRIV and our modding community, and has asked us to setup an official subforum for patch suggestions and bug reports.

WARNING: This thread is not for mod requests, but rather for reporting bugs and requests to for options to enhance the PC version for advanced users.

Good request example: Allowing ini options to turn on/off specific post processing features.

Bad request example: Request to change the color of the superpowers or turn off the glow. This is something that should be posted in the mod request subforum instead.

Good bug report example: The Escape mission seems to have a frame/sync problem with lower spec machines where the final doors will close too fast making the mission impossible to complete. Temporarily turning down settings/resolutions does fix this for many players, but it is not an ideal solution.

Bad bug example: There are a lot of SRTT clothes missing in SRIV! Fix this!

NOTE: If you are reporting a bug make sure of the following and test/confirm before posting!
* Confirm that your hardware meets minimum requirements
  • Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 | AMD Athlon II x3
  • Memory:4 GB RAM
  • Graphics:NVIDIA GTX 260 | AMD Radeon HD 5800 series
  • DirectX:Version 10
  • Hard Drive:10 GB available space
* Remove all mods

* Verify integrity on Steam
* Kill all background apps and processes

If you still have the same issue after the above steps, make sure to attach a text dump of your hardware and software config using msinfo32, as well as step by step how to recreate the bug.

Please create your thread in the new Patch Suggestions and Bug Reports subforum:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/forums/patch-suggestions-and-bug-reports.67/

Edit by Minimaul: crash bugs that do not follow [V] Knobby's post on how to make a good crash log - https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/how-to-write-a-good-report-for-a-crash-bug.3560/ - will be deleted.
Edit by Arglaar: Highlighted the necessity to REMOVE ALL MODS before posting a bug report.

Last edited:
I just finished the game, and additional cheats is the only mod I've installed. I've noticed a few bugs, though.

Every time I load the game up, as soon as I pop into Steelport it plays one of Ben's audio files. It's the same one every time. It only plays when I first load the game up after quitting, going from the ship to simulation again does not make it play.

Another bug I have come across is that even though I have fire invulnerability activated in Upgrades, my character still catches fire. I did use the 'all upgrades' DLC cheat, though, so I don't know which part is causing problems.

Finally, I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but weapons that you pick up or are given during missions do not have the upgrades you have purchased for that weapon.

Hey i think i found a bug i was playing on my brother PC and i notice that there's a tattoo always sticking on my character lower right arm. I tried to remove it on Rusty's needle and it works! But! When i save the game then load the game back the Tattoo reappeared again.

Every time I load the game up, as soon as I pop into Steelport it plays one of Ben's audio files. It's the same one every time. It only plays when I first load the game up after quitting, going from the ship to simulation again does not make it play.
I get this too, but with one of Fun Shaundi's

An annoying "bug" (or bad control scheme) which can be fixed is the fact that you can't turn on/off radio or select stations with the Xbox 360 controller when you are on foot, this can only be done when you are in vehicles (because the DPad left/right directions are already binded to powers/taunts on foot). For example this can be frustrating when you listen to the radio in your car, exit it and want to turn radio off or change station : you can only use keyboard shortcuts to achieve that... Could someone tell me how is it managed on console versions ?

An annoying "bug" (or bad control scheme) which can be fixed is the fact that you can't turn on/off radio or select stations with the Xbox 360 controller when you are on foot, this can only be done when you are in vehicles (because the DPad left/right directions are already binded to powers/taunts on foot). For example this can be frustrating when you listen to the radio in your car, exit it and want to turn radio off or change station : you can only use keyboard shortcuts to achieve that... Could someone tell me how is it managed on console versions ?

You simply hold down B for the weapon radial and then use LB/RB to change stations while it's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back