SPOILERS Saints Row 4 Morph And Homies Mod

sry for double post!

mod is canceled for now (it is still developed but no progress!)
You can double post if you have new info about the progress after few days from your last message (or earlier if it's very important).
Also, I'm pretty sure you mean 'on hold' or 'suspended' - you can't cancel the mod if you're still developing it. XD

You can double post if you have new info about the progress after few days from your last message (or earlier if it's very important).
Also, I'm pretty sure you mean 'on hold' or 'suspended' - you can't cancel the mod if you're still developing it. XD
lol you are right
thats my english fault :p

It's an edited version of sandbox+ sr3_city.lua with a character_definitions file to give Gat the correct player animation .
Press 8 + Right to morph as Gat .
Hey thanks a lot for these files, they were very useful.

Like someone said in this thread, you can't morph into most of the characters since the npc_ seems not to load the entire body. But Gat isn't the only one to work though. npc_Shaundi_50s and npc_Shaundi_ST6 also work for example (no idea why).
I've attached my sr3_city.lua and character_definitions files. Basically I used saints_female_shaundidptest instead of npc_gat to morph into shaundi (in the sr3_city.lua file). This dptest seems to be a character of its own, probably used to assign colors to Shaundi? (if you look at the Shaundi section in the character.xbtl, her colors are defined by NPC_ShaundiDPTest). So basically you'll morph into a Shaundi with different colors than the normal one by pressing 8 + Right .
If you don't use the character_definitions file then your character will be weird and lame (for example the legs will be glitchy). If you use the character_definition file then Shaundi will have the correct player animation. Unfortunately, if you use this file, the shaundidptest character doesn't have Shaundi's real hair (the ponytail and the side fringe are missing). I don't think there is any ways to bypass that?
Anyway, with or without using this character_definitions file, you can customize your morphed character (clothes and hairstyles).

WARNING : it is very glitchy, so you'd better make a copy of your gamesave first. Once morphed, you will probably lose your money and superpowers xD But you can still recover them by using the cheats :p

Attachments

• character_definitions.xtbl
    641.1 KB · Views: 779
  • sr3_city.lua
    140.6 KB · Views: 762
Last edited:
I need to find how to morph back to the boss now . ShaundiDPTest lack the hair, that's why I used this model for the Shaundi outfit in Skinballs Outfit! because, yeah, the hair model is stuck with the body . And I also still don't understand why only some of the npcs work .

What I don't get is why if you don't assign a correct animation to your morphed character in the character_definitions file then the Shaundidptest has her normal hair?
I also noticed that the npc_Shaundi_bobblehead model seems to share all the properties of the npc_Shaundi model except for the hair which is lacking, exactly like the shaundidptest. Maybe it's just an easter egg? (You know the shaundi bobblehead in SRIII)

Last edited:
What I don't get is why if you don't assign a correct animation to your morphed character in the character_definitions file then the Shaundidptest has her normal hair?
I also noticed that the npc_Shaundi_bobblehead model seems to share all the properties of the npc_Shaundi model except for the hair which is lacking, exactly like the shaundidptest. Maybe it's just an easter egg? (You know the shaundi bobblehead in SRIII)
its a left over i think
it was just left and they changed the model to normal shaundi
and my thoughts why characters arent working with morphs:
rig - doesnt work when swapping it
head? - idk
body - i think thats the issue
but i still dont have idea why when you use phone method it works but npc doesnt have head and has bugged animations
so it might be head

Last edited:
Actually you were right the hair for Shaundi is considered to be a prop, so you just have to add a <Prop_Name>hair</Prop_Name> section in the character_definitions file to make it work with the correct player animation!

Attachments

• sr3_city.lua
    140.6 KB · Views: 766
  • character_definitions.xtbl
    641.5 KB · Views: 828
Actually you were right the hair for Shaundi is considered to be a prop, so you just have to add a <Prop_Name>hair</Prop_Name> section in the character_definitions file to make it work with the correct player animation!
wow awesome...
my dream come true
now i can play as shaundi
what about suit colors?

wow awesome...
my dream come true
now i can play as shaundi
what about suit colors?

It was my dream too :p The morphing still wrecks your save though lol
Well you can change the color of Shaundidptest's clothes in the character.xtbl file. You have to use your own color palette: For example I use this one "npc_color_palette" (I don't remember in which mod I got it), which has an entry for shaundidptest. The entry in the character.xtbl will look like that: <Color_Palette>npc_color_palette</Color_Palette>
I summoned shaundidptest as a homie and it worked great. But when I want to morph into shaundidptest the colors don't change. Any ideas why?

Back