Saints Row 4 denied sale again by Australian Classification Board

ok iv officially canceled my order until further notice as there is a rumor going around that no matter where you buy it from outside of australia they will revert back to the censored edition... small censor or not i really hate censored games and find it rediculous this is still happening after we got a r18 game raiting, untill i find ways of getting around this censor i am not putting my money down. call me an idiot or not over something simple i just feel theres no need for it and i feel like im missing out. I dont need a day 1 buy im going to wait to see how it plays out... luckily i have rome total war 2 right around the corner i guess.. if i spoiler dodged assassins creed games for 4 years untill i played them all when 3 came out i can do the same for this.

/http://games.on.net/2013/08/rumour-...de-australia-will-revert-to-censored-edition/

ok iv officially canceled my order until further notice as there is a rumor going around that no matter where you buy it from outside of australia they will revert back to the censored edition... small censor or not i really hate censored games and find it rediculous this is still happening after we got a r18 game raiting, untill i find ways of getting around this censor i am not putting my money down. call me an idiot or not over something simple i just feel theres no need for it and i feel like im missing out. I dont need a day 1 buy im going to wait to see how it plays out... luckily i have rome total war 2 right around the corner i guess.. if i spoiler dodged assassins creed games for 4 years untill i played them all when 3 came out i can do the same for this.

/http://games.on.net/2013/08/rumour-...de-australia-will-revert-to-censored-edition/

I do hope for you that this turns out to be just that, a rumour. But unfortunately, with all the digital scrutiny of the governments all over the place, I would most definitely not be surprised if one way or another you are required to at some point access the internet to complete installation (mandatory steam validation perhaps), where it will check your location, most likely through your I(S)P and adjust your game accordingly.
I can see where they are coming from, but there's a reason many teenagers rebel against (even if just in their view) overprotective parents. All this Big Brother crap and general not listening to the 'common people' that seems to be going on is going to grow old someday, the current ruling generation will fade eventually, and perhaps slightly more 'modern' rulers might just take a more relaxed attitude and trust that 1) Gaming isn't just a kids thing anymore and 2) in the end kids will sort themselves out just fine, those who don't: they probably wouldn't have anyway, no need to put the blame on the games.

But again Eve, while I may not truly know how bad that Australian censorship is, I hope you'll be able to play SRIV as the rest of world will be able to play it, without compromise.

as I said in my own thread, I think it is just a rumor based on how Volition has handled the console release by making the US version region-free (therefore allowing Australians to buy it uncensored) and find it silly that they would do it for 2 of the 3 systems and yet leave PC users out. I am starting to think that it is a rumor by valve to get people to buy the censored version, like when a store cleric mentioned this prior to the whole rumor spreading..

well australian steam version according to my steam comes out Now on September 20th weather console is pushed back too or not i dont know i havnt read into it but it seems like that stupid censor is probably the case so now it comes out after gta 5...thats brave...

Based on EBgames.com.au and JBhifi.com.au (two major Australian retailers) the release date for brick and mortar stores is September 30th for both PC and consoles. That said, a PC game bought in a brick and mortar shop on the 30/8 will be unplayable until 20/9 unless the steam release date is changed. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

[edit]: the steam release date is now just "September 2013" - even less helpful than before.

Back