Saint's row 2 Steam Version ain't working anymore.

Hi everyone.
I really hope to get an answer. I want to play SR2 to can replay STT and see what happened before The Third.
Yesterday I was playing nicely , I delete some SweetFX settings because I thought they were some ENB mod. . I try to uninstall it because it was really exagerated. After that , game dind't start again. I verify cache , re-install the game , test the settings.dat of IdolNinja , try to window the game to get it opened , but no.
It is like a file is corrupted , but can't understand why and what file. The game just open and closes. I start it and after 0,1 secs the game crashes , I can't even reach to get the process on the Task Manager. ¿What's the problem? I pay for this , and I want to play it. ''sr2_pc stopped working'' also dind't show up again after I try to start the game lots of times. It was like , when I try to open the game , the game was getting worse and worse.

Try to delete savedata.
In case of Windows7, savedata is stored in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\THQ .
Delete all file/folders in THQ folder or delete THQ folder.

Still if the game does not start, you'll need to find the appropriate system restore point.

Try to locate the SR2_pc.exe file. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row 2) Right click on it, choose compatibility, and choose "Run this program in compatibility mode with" and then choose eiter Windows Vista or Windows XP Service Pack 3. This worked for me, but it makes the game open in a window, and not the whole screen. Maybe you can adjust your display to show only that window, but that I haven´t tried.

Back