SOLVED Saints Row 2 GOTR Crashing every few minutes.

I have done the following:

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
Uninstalled and reinstalled Gentlemen of the Row.
Installed DXVK

The point when the game crashes for me is the point at which one would typically hijack a car to drive to the prison docks.

Update: okay, after rebooting my computer and reinstalling everything, it now crashes when the intro mission ends.

...okay, so what exactly is the difference between the offline GoG version and the steam version?
They tried somehow to unlock 60 fps but failed. Steam version is realy unstable now. GoG works perfect with GOTR. Still can have crashes sadly. So just save more often to not loose progress.

They tried somehow to unlock 60 fps but failed. Steam version is realy unstable now. GoG works perfect with GOTR. Still can have crashes sadly. So just save more often to not loose progress.
Well, I limited the fps already with NVIDIA Control, shouldn't that fix issues from that?

Well, I limited the fps already with NVIDIA Control, shouldn't that fix issues from that?
Should avoid cutscenes if you doing mission in campaign and watch cutscene for too long... There is issues fps drops like the example i'm doing laundry day but fps drops so faster into 14 fps and 1 fps if you watch the campaign cutscenes best avoid the cutscenes since you can see it again in Replay.

Okay, I managed to get past the tutorial mission, but now it's crashing every few minutes of gameplay.

As you can imagine, this is not very conductive for playing Saints Row 2.

First it crashed in the first mission in the store.
Then when I reloaded the save, which spawned me at Aisha's house, I took a taxi to where the first mission started. The taxi went there and then the game crashed.
Then I went and stole a car before starting to drive to the mission myself. Crash.
Did it again, but restarting my computer, crash.

Seriously, I know the PC port is terrible, but I'm pretty sure that I remember being able to play for more than a few minutes at a time.

Hmnnn i suggest you dont play with full windows Some pc have different issues just play it with no full windows it will prevent that... And you might also dont buy the cloth for too long the game will crashed.. what SR2 version you owned i guess if you own Steam version you might purchase The GoG Version more less crashed i think...(Better not Patched too many mods since the game will crashed more often )

Last edited:
Back