Saints Row IV Roadblock Layouts => Vehicle groups

So for the past gangs mod I wanted to make new roadblock layouts and replace some things, and I came across this:
Code:
<Object>
                <Type>Vehicle Group</Type>
                <Resource_name>Civilian</Resource_name>
                <Lane_index>1</Lane_index>
                <X_offset>2.95784950256</X_offset>
                <Z_offset>-8.00430297852</Z_offset>
                <Heading>2.61560429435</Heading>
                <Hitpoints>-1</Hitpoints>
                <Children />
                </Object>
This brought up a few questions to me:
Is there any table file that resembles this kind of vehicle groups?
Can I create my own vehicle groups?
If so, is there a limit for the amount of vehicles?
Is it not hardcoded in the first place?

I've found a table file vehicle_groups.xtbl, but that doesn't resemble this kind of vehicle groups.

I think Tulip Sniper wrote this code for SR3. I thought he had a post somewhere around here describing it. Search for that while I search for him. :)

For the mod you are working on, you're probably best off specifying specific gang vehicles. This is mainly because you will only be able to create one additional "Vehicle Group" of your own, without changing default spawning groups. However, in case you still want to make your own vehicle groups, it is possible to mod. Continue on for more details...

Roadblock vehicles that are set to the "Vehicle Group" <Type>, will try and pull a random vehicle resource that is already loaded by the ambient spawning system. This feature was added to both reduce the number of unique vehicles used by roadblocks, and also increase the variety of vehicles seen in roadblock layouts.

Since not all vehicles make sense in any specific roadblock location, the list of ambiently loaded vehicles is first filtered by team name using the team listed in the <Resource_name> field before randomly selecting a vehicle. The spawning system uses the <Team> parameter of the spawn_group to check against, which is set per spawn group in spawn_info_groups.xtbl. So, in your example roadblock vehicle, any vehicles that are part of a spawn_group set to the"Civilian" <Team> would be considered valid for that roadblock vehicle.

So, if you wanted to create your own group of vehicles to use for a specific roadblock vehicle, you will have to modify spawn_info_groups.xtbl. You will be limited to only valid "team" names to setup the groups, and most of the teams already have spawn groups assigned to them. I've included the complete list of human teams below, but the only team that is available to create your entirely own spawn group with is "Neutral Gang".

The complete list of team names is (I've crossed out teams that already have at least one spawn groups assigned to them):
"Playas"
"Luchadores"
"Deckers"
"Morningstar"

"Neutral Gang"
"Police"
"STAG"
"Civilian"

*NOTE: Any vehicle you want to spawn in a roadblock as part of a Vehicle Group MUST be loaded ambiently by the spawning system to be used in the roadblock. If you add a vehicle that is not set to spawn ambiently, it will never show up in your roadblock.

Thank you for taking your time to write this up for me and probably even other users who will make spawn mods.
It's really appreciated!
I hope to be able to create a Saints roadblock, or a roadblock from other gangs. :)

Back