Retexturing Saints Row IV, For Dummies

What if you can't use any of the CMD applications? They always close immediately for me(almost any kind of CMD prompt will do that on my pc)
Did you try opening a command window as outlined in step 4?

If that's not working for you, then you have bigger issues, probably a virus.

Did you try opening a command window as outlined in step 4?

If that's not working for you, then you have bigger issues, probably a virus.
lol my whole pc IS a virus

last time after a repair it seemed to get a total mystery virus in where something deleted the WHOLE OS and it deleted it's ability to run CD's properly :p so i could never get windows 7 back on it...and they never told me what it was but i know they kept saying they couldnt figure it out. Oh it aslo occured after p0is3n search(that's what i call it)(where whatever link you click on...lets use this forum as a example it would re direct me to a advertisement and i could never leave the page unless i closed it)

but i guess i can hold off on moding for now until i get a new pc
(did i mention i don't trust security systems? they never seem to work...mainly god damn nortan)

So while following the tutorial, I realised I have no ".sr2_pc"... BUT ".str2_PC".
Everything works, I've got my textures to play with. I just wanted to point it out. :)

According to Scanti, the user who created the texture unpacking tools, the compression options that will work are:

DXT1
DXT3
DXT5
R5G6B5
A1R5G5B5
A4R4G4B4
R8G8B8
A8R8G8B8

Don't ask me what the difference between them is, because I have no idea! But I saved my textures with DXT1 compression and they all look awesome.

To clarify, only normal maps need to be saved as DXT5. If you're only editing diffuse (colour) maps, save all of them as DXT1.

DXT5 will do alpha channel w/ transparency.

Back