Recording program?

Hello everyone! I was wondering what kind of free program do you guys use to either record the cinematics, a whole gameplay or both.
I've been using Fraps for every one of my games for a long time, but I want to find another new one that allows me to record more than 30 seconds.

OBS is easy to use and will get the job done, with video such as you'd get on a stream, but it does have more advanced options for local recording that I don't fully understand. It only supports lossy encoders for local recording. Since it's doing it live and can't spend much CPU time compressing the video, you might consider re-encoding the video later with a multiple-pass encoder, even though that's a lossy-to-lossy conversion.
Dxtory is a good one for more advanced recording, including lossless, to be re-encoded later at better quality for the size.
Neither can capture just "the last X seconds"; they're either on or off. FRAPS and Nvidia's ShadowPlay are the only applications I know that can do that, and they're both limited to 30 seconds.

Back