[Question] How does Saints Row IV read compiled bin data & game files?

Hello there, you may be wondering why am I asking this question? I'm asking due to a project me & my friend is working on. The project is about extracting & rebuilding packfiles for SRIV alone. I'm aware that there's ThomasJepp's & Rick's tools out there that already can do this job for many users; though this project will be more refined with a fancier & easy to use U.I. for newbies. Also will be supporting all major platforms, but I will not discuss that since it's consider console modding which isn't allowed here. I do not condone console modding at all if it's used illegally or being used to exploit the game or be sold. Anyway, I would like to borrow some info how Saints Row IV packs data. The best I know is that all data is stored in .vpp files & uses big-endian to compress data to these .vpp files etc. I just need to know how all that works so I & my friend can program & code a unpacker & packer for SRIV. I'd apperciate if the info is given. Thanks.

(Note: I need answers from someone that is the volition devs themselves or is experienced in how this works generally)

Back