Powertools speed setting problem

Hello.

Me and my friend play Saints Row 2 over lan, but when one of us is sitting passenger in the vehicle that the other player is driving it lags. Also the revive timer goes faster for my friend than for me when one of us needs help. I'm 99% sure that it it's the speed bug for Windows 7.

Now to the real question. How do we find out wich number to write in the powertools configuration file? You know the speed percentage one.

Sorry for my bad English
Thanks
Mariuskon

I don't want to open a new thread and I'm pretty sure that I have stumbled upon some general thread about ingame lags and how to take care of them but of course did forget to bookmark it.

Powertool doesn't do the trick for me. I get lags whenever new textures are loaded into the system, which is pretty often when driving at high speeds. I tried the automatic function of powertools, I tried stopwatching it and I fiddled manually with every possible setting that made even a little bit of sense. From 0.7 to 0.9.

Sorry, if this sounds a little bit off, but the search function only turned up this thread when looking for lag.

Edit - never mind, I found the FAQ about prefetching on steam.

I don't want to open a new thread and I'm pretty sure that I have stumbled upon some general thread about ingame lags and how to take care of them but of course did forget to bookmark it.

Powertool doesn't do the trick for me. I get lags whenever new textures are loaded into the system, which is pretty often when driving at high speeds. I tried the automatic function of powertools, I tried stopwatching it and I fiddled manually with every possible setting that made even a little bit of sense. From 0.7 to 0.9.

Sorry, if this sounds a little bit off, but the search function only turned up this thread when looking for lag.

Edit - never mind, I found the FAQ about prefetching on steam.
I was gonna say - this isn't the issue that powertools solves ;)

I was gonna say - this isn't the issue that powertools solves ;)

Actually, it does solve it... or at least helps. The closer you get it to the correct speed, the smoother that SR2 runs. I have had countless users confirm that and have also seen it with my own eyes.

Actually, the combination of emptying prefetch and power tools seems to have done the trick pretty decently. It still lags off and on, but not to the extent of the lagfest I had previously.

Back