Possibility to remove upgrades

As far as I know you can not remove an upgrade from a game save at this time. What you can do is moddify the (misc_tables) Unlockables XTBL. Scroll to the final upgrade for falling (ctrl-F) <Name>Damage_Fall_4</Name>. Change the value for <Resist_Percent>100</Resist_Percent> to a number between 1-99.

As far as I know you can not remove an upgrade from a game save at this time. What you can do is moddify the (misc_tables) Unlockables XTBL. Scroll to the final upgrade for falling (ctrl-F) <Name>Damage_Fall_4</Name>. Change the value for <Resist_Percent>100</Resist_Percent> to a number between 1-99.
Would this work with other upgrades as well? Really, REALLY tired of being invincible. Why oh, WHY did I upgrade that.

You may want to hang on and wait for Minimaul's save editor which will let you toggle all the upgrades. This would be a much better approach rather than messing with the unlocks themselves and potentially breaking coop compatibility.

You may want to hang on and wait for Minimaul's save editor which will let you toggle all the upgrades. This would be a much better approach rather than messing with the unlocks themselves and potentially breaking coop compatibility.
Oh, well, that's fine too, heh. Is there a dedicated thread for that? And if not, how's the mod coming along?

IdolNinja : I guess backuping the file wouldn't create many problems. I never play Co-op so I can't tell, but this method may be worth the trick because it may allow us to improve the upgrades system - for example, reducing the invincibility bonus to 50% (75 for 50 in Upg. 3), instant reload to +50% speed, infinite ammo to +200% (Keep unlimited for the pistol) etc, making the game easy but not trivial.

IdolNinja : I guess backuping the file wouldn't create many problems. I never play Co-op so I can't tell, but this method may be worth the trick because it may allow us to improve the upgrades system - for example, reducing the invincibility bonus to 50% (75 for 50 in Upg. 3), instant reload to +50% speed, infinite ammo to +200% (Keep unlimited for the pistol) etc, making the game easy but not trivial.

I think rebalancing is a great idea, and plan to do some extensive work myself with revising unlocks. To clarify my original post, I think if a user is only looking to toggle off a mistakenly bought unlock then the save editor would be the way to go simply to retain compatibility.

Oh, well, that's fine too, heh. Is there a dedicated thread for that? And if not, how's the mod coming along?

I don't believe that there's a dedicated thread, but I have had a chance to try out an alpha version and can say that it is fully functional. It really just needs a few tweaks to prevent the circumvention of upcoming DLC. :)

Back