Visuals & Graphics Porting Weapon Models from SRIV to SRTT

Hello, I apologize if this has been already asked before but I couldn't find anything specific on it using the search function or in any existing threads.

How can I get started porting weapon models from SRIV to SRTT? I am aware that there is already a mod that ports some weapons into SRTT from SRIV but I'd like to port some weapons specific to my preferences instead of what that mod ports. One of my goals is to port the model of the gold skin .45 Fletcher from SRIV and replace the Level 4 model of the .45 Shepherd in SRTT. As I understand, the upgraded weapon models seem to be stored together with the base level model (so the .45 Shephered's models may be located in "Pistol-Gang.str2_pc"), but I only want to replace the fully upgraded variant of this weapon if that's possible. But when I look at other mods, I also see some files like "pistol_gang_clipa.str2_pc", "pistol_gang_high.str2_pc", "items_3d.xtbl", and "items_containers.asm_pc" included, are these files necessary just for replacing the model?

I've never modded models in SRTT before so if anyone can help educate me on where to start, what files I would need to replace the Level 4 gun models, and what files I should extract, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Back