plz help. i think its simple. popups.

ok. well i think im pretty much screwed then. to be honest i'm surprised it not something thats been just as requested or just as needed as the tutorial pop-ups, being that these take up so much screen real-estate when there's 4 on screen at once, & 2 of them have purple flames shooting out of them, etc. lol. but in any case, im stuck in this weird position where i dont wanna bother u guys for too much help when ur busy, but i dont know what is "too much help," besides asking for a thorough walkthru, which i understand (absolutely) that idol's time is much more required on the next GOS, etc.... so maybe if i pull up some of the crap i have questions about, & u dont have to look any further than my post it will suddenly become cakewalk as i think it will, becuz i' just so clueless as to what i'm looking at.... so here we go - this is taken from hud.lua & it regards "showing hiding hud," and the numbers corresponding with the individual hud elements, there's one for respect & diversions, are those numbers what i need or am i way off track?
Code:
--#####################################################################
--Showing/Hiding the hud
--#####################################################################
local HUD_ELEM_GSI = 0
Hud_elements = {
[0] = { -- HUD_ELEM_GSI
target_doc = nil,
grp_name = "base_gsi",
},
[1] = { -- HUD_ELEM_MINIMAP
target_doc = nil,
grp_name = "base_mini_map",
},
[2] = { -- HUD_ELEM_RETICLE
target_doc = nil,
grp_name = "base_reticle",
},
[3] = { -- HUD_ELEM_HIT_INDICATORS
target_doc = nil,
grp_name = "base_reticle_hits",
},
[4] = { -- HUD_ELEM_WEAPONS
target_doc = nil,
grp_name = "base_weapons",
},
[5] = { -- HUD_ELEM_CASH_RESPECT_HOMEY
target_doc = nil,
grp_name = "base_cash_respect_homey",
},
[6] = { -- HUD_ELEM_WEAPON_SWAP_MESSAGE
target_doc = nil,
grp_name = "base_weapon_swap_message",
},
[7] = { -- HUD_ELEM_RADIO_STATION
target_doc = nil,
grp_name = "base_radio_station",
},
[8] = { -- HUD_ELEM_VEHICLE_NAME
target_doc = nil,
grp_name = "base_vehicle_name",
},
[9] = { -- HUD_ELEM_DIVERSIONS
target_doc = "hud_diversion",
grp_name = nil,
},
[10] = { -- HUD_ELEM_MESSAGES,
target_doc = "hud_msg",
grp_name = "messages_grp",
},
[11] = { -- HUD_ELEM_TUTORIAL_HELP,
target_doc = "tutorial",
grp_name = "tutorial_base_grp",
},
[12] = { -- HUD_ELEM_FULL_SCREEN_EFFECT
target_doc = nil,
grp_name = "base_full_screen_effect",
},
[13] = { -- HUD_ELEM_SUBTITLES
target_doc = "hud_msg",
grp_name = "subtitles_grp",
},
[14] = { -- HUD_ELEM_OI
target_doc = "object_indicator",
grp_name = "oi_base_grp",
},
}

now, i'm assuming its number's 5, 9, or 10 that i need to do something with somewhere. also, whatever happens to the hud when uploading screenshots to saintsrow.com straight from the game makes it disappear in the resulting screenshot, i dont know if that means anything or not. i know the hud has always disappeared for screenshots, but that element in particular, the only one still showing in clip editor, is the one i'm concerned with. also, theres this from vdo_respect_meter.lua :
Code:
if do_animation == true then
respect_up_anim:play(0)
else
i tried putting false in there but it didn't do anything, but i know thats referencing it somehow.
anyways sorry if im posting complete nonsense, lol. thx again.

EDIT :

also there's this if it helps :

Code:
-- Respect Up animation
local respect_up_anim = Vdo_anim_object:new("respect_up_anim", self.handle, self.doc_handle)
local respect_up_end_tween = Vdo_tween_object:new("respect_up_end", respect_up_anim.handle, respect_up_anim.doc_handle)
local respect_up_callback_string = self:package_tween_callback("respect_up_cb")
respect_up_end_tween:set_end_event(respect_up_callback_string)
im just wondering if there's something i can put somewhere that will make it easy to where it just wont call up the animation or what.... Thx.

admin edit: put the code in code tags to make it more obvious

pblow.jpg

in case wasnt really clear its this stuff on the right side of the screen i was referring to. thx.

ok. well i appreciate the effort anyway. it seems strange that the "nohud" cheat hides them fine until i open up what i just did in the clip editor & there they are. so whatever that code is affecting in the game affects it, but since the codes arent really interpreted by the clip editor, i guess it just overlooks whatever codes i have entered. but the fact that in-game that "no-hud" code is affecting it, i thought the values must be isolated in that code somewhere, & that i would just need to apply it to the main hud file. it doesn't help that the "nohud" code affects it?

EDIT : so looking in the cheats.xtbl from gos, and the action for no hud is simply this :

<Type>
<Gameplay_Physics>
<Action>Hide Hud</Action>

and so i would just need a way to activate "hide hud" so that it would be universal & not entered via cheat code, & then it would also be affecting the clip editor, am i on the right track maybe? i think i should have looked at that first. lol. however, i dont know how to just activate an "action" or what file i would need to enter that in to make it default. thats all i would need, thats why i thought it was something super simple. but again, i'm totally clueless, im just using logic, i dont know.

EDIT Yet Again :

unless by activating "hide hud" while in the clip editor that would do the same thing as actually clicking hide hud in the clip editor (hide hud ver) & so when i go in there, there'd be absolutely no hud for editing the clip. then im right back to where i was, i suppose. but its worth a shot if its not known if the game considers the "hud" for the clip editor the same as the "hud" for gameplay, like minimap etc. those automatically are gone in the clip editor, leaving only these things to keep otherwise decent looking clips from looking like what im sure the clip editor originally intended. which would be where u dont see those. ok, i dont know if im making sense, now, im kinda thinking out loud thru typing, sorry. lol. but yeah, i'd like to know just where i should put the action "hide hud" to make that the default game setting.

You're barking up the wrong tree. All the cheat stuff is completely transparent and happens in the exe itself. You're not going to be able to do anything with that at all.

Back