Saints Row 2 Player member of the "Police" team

Hi,

I'm trying to create a mod for SR2 that allows to play as a cop (only in the open world, not during missions/activities).

I managed to change the player team to "Police", however the AI-controlled cops are a bunch of uncooperative teammates :
1) I can recruit cops into my party (altough they appear with a female Saints icon) but they don't want to drive me around (they exit the car as soon as I sit on the passenger seat) and they dont't want to be passenger either (if I recruit a cop and enter a car, as soon as he sits on the passenger seat, he gets up and exits the car, then enter the car and sit down again, then exits the car again, and that goes on forever ...)
2a) I use police notoriety as a mean for the player to call in reinforcements, that works (i.e.: cops spawn according to notoriety level and are friendly) however, starting at level 3, they still try to ram my car or run me over when I'm on foot. Is there any way to disable this behavior towards the player ? (idealy while keeping it enabled towards ennemmy gang members)
2b) when at notoriety level 5, the Tornado that spawn fires its chaingun at me (without actually causing me any damages) ... it is however considerred friendly be the game (when I aim at it, the crosshair turns into a green cross)

The code I'm using to make the player member of the Police team is
Code:
set_team(LOCAL_PLAYER,"Police")
and the code I'm using to lock notoriety levels is :
Code:
notoriety_set("Police",5)
notoriety_set_min("Police",5)
notoriety_set_max("Police",5)
(both called from sr2_city.lua)

Is there something I'm missing ? Do you have any advice on turning cops into usefull teammates ? (or a least into ones that won't try to kill me once they get their hands on a vehicle)

EDIT for clarification : for my question 2a, I know there's a LUA fuction
Code:
set_cops_shooting_from_vehicles(bool)
would there also happen to be a function like
Code:
set_cops_ramming_player_car(bool)
or something similar ?

Back