Player Character flinches?

I'm trying to find a way to adjust what attacks make the player flinch. Currently the player only flinches if hit by a melee attack or an enemy sniper rifle. I found the .xtbl that allows me to swap the flinches around and edit what flinches the NPC's with use when attacked. But I haven't found any way to make the player flinch from say, getting shot with a shotgun.

Sorry, this appears to be hard coded behavior for Players, to not flinch from most damage sources.

The only exceptions for players flinching are from Melee attacks, Being bumped by an NPC, or damage from weapons that use the Sniper Rifle animation group. You can possibly modify your shotgun to use the Sniper Rifle animation group, but that will have side effects most likely.

If you only care about the open world, you could setup some script in sr3_city.lua to manually play flinch animations on the player by registering a callback for on_take_damage(). This will not work outside of open world gameplay because many missions register for this event on the player, and will override your callback.

Back