Pirates

Whatever happened to developers actually putting demo disks on the front of magazine covers? For the longest time that was a good indication if you wanted to play the game or not, especially nowadays when games are in the £50 bracket and can be ill-afforded by struggling parents only for little Johnny not to like it. I've been around computers since the Sinclair ZX81, and piracy has always been a part of the culture of videogaming.

In the same way that race gangs and hate crimes have always been a part of low-income city areas, I would not say it is a desirable thing.

There are demos for a lot of games, although maybe not as many as there ought to be. I haven't really paid attention to them. Magazines are dead, but I assume you meant demos in general.

I USED to be a pirate, but only because I didn't know about steam. >.< (I was young, and foolish, it was a long time ago. may as well have gotten that off my chest) I have since amended my ways once i finally DID know about steam. I bought All pc iterations of saints row with all the dlc to make up for my former ways. lets just say, if its a game i think its worth it, ill buy it. otherwise i wont waste my time on it now.

Last edited:
I USED to be a pirate, but only because I didn't know about steam. >.< (I was young, and foolish, it was a long time ago. may as well have gotten that off my chest) I have since amended my ways once i finally DID know about steam. I bought All pc iterations of saints row with all the dlc to make up for my former ways. lets just say, if its a game i think its worth it, ill buy it. otherwise i wont waste my time on it now.
i used to too i pirated sr2 before i bought it also pirated this game called dark which wasn't really worth the money after i did so yea

Every time a Pirate gets banned here, I can't help but feel a little bit smug about that fact that my copy is legitimate.

Back