Performance question

I know this game is notorious for being poorly optimized and a bad port and all but i feel my performance is off compared to others. I am playing in 720p with all settings turned all the way down/off except for anisotropy filtering is at 4x, dynamic lighting on all (because it looks horrid otherwise), and view distance on medium. I get a average of 35 FPS but it drops down in the 20's quite often especially when driving. I have installed the latest version of GotR and have looked at the FAQ and did everything in there that applied to performance. Is that "normal" performance?

Specs:

A10-5700 (With integrated Radeon 7660d)
8GB-1600mhz RAM
Windows 8 64bit

On this:

Core i5-650 3.2ghz
6gb ram
Gtx 590
(Not my pc) (also its the steam version)

If runs practically the same as you described; I just think the port was badly coded in terms of optimization because ive never heard of someones maxxing out this game

I would think there would be people out their capable of playing this game in atleast 1080p with some settings on with how old the game is and using up-to-date hardware

I think on my mates pc his cpu may have been bottlenecking him because I was sure as hell that 590 would max it out, but yet his pc still cant max it at full, but yeah im sure an i7 haswell and a titan could probably do it...

Because his i5 is a hyperthreaded dual core and not a true quad core that was probably the reason for performance hold back

What hard drive do you have? If it's a low rpm green drive, that might be your problem.

I got PhenomII x4 a 4Ghz with a GTX470, my max fps is 60 and it drops to 30 minimun, the lowest i seen it hit is 28 when moving too fast to different areas, the game hiccups for less than a second then it goes up again to either 30 or higher.

I got my settings maxed, everything is all the way as far as it can go in regards as graphic settings.

Oddly enough my younger brother has a FX-8120 with a GTX 650 Ti Boost and he seems to hit a minimum of 40... his gameplay seems to be much smoother than mine.

Back