Patch Suggestion: Fix Guns Disappearing on Run/Jump

Saints Row 3, I could run around and shoot things. You could sprint or jump and your weapons stayed out ready to go when you stopped.
Saints Row 4, the super-power animation kicks in and weapons disappear, then the character stands around trying to draw the weapon again after every dash or jump. Which in a super-powered fight kinda sucks balls, for example it seems like Warden shield will almost always be back on before I can draw and hit him. Most other fights it seems like I need to choose one or the other as my primary tactic.
As fun as the guns are in SR4, they get overshadowed by powers, with using powers actually making it harder to employ your guns. No fluid mixing and matching your combat between guns and powers. Just fixing the weapon vanish would help a lot with that. (Being able to shoot while falling would be nice too, but that's more new feature than a fix.)

Yea I agree, its one of the few things that annoyed me in this game. Really felt like you should be able to use guns in air, or at the very least coming out of a sprint.

I totally agree with this.

I've found myself in some pretty acrobatic battles with wardens where we're both jumping around and over buildings, and it's like an extra level of difficulty trying to time everything just right so I can have a gun out as quickly as possible once I get it's shield down. Of course, it'd be even better to make it so we can fire our guns in mid air...ice blast, rocket, DFA combo...wheee! :D

Back