NPC Items

So basically, I am looking for a file where I can add/remove items to npc characters, like bubble head.

I tried looking for it in characters.vpp_pc and da_tables and misc_tables...

Also, is there any mod available to change my homies' clothes?
Like let's say I want to add a hat to all of my homies....

Any help will be appreciated!

No such thing exists. Npc bodies and clothing are all one big mesh, and not made of individual pieces like sr2 was. There is no way you can do what you're attempting.

Ahh I see. Does THQ release creation kit like in Skyrim? It would be so much fun.

They do not. Their official response is that they remain completely neutral on modding. They will neither help us nor try to shut us down. From our past interaction with them, I believe that there is no chance that we'll ever see an official SDK.

Really, as great as it would be, most internal development kits are designed by the programmers to help automate tasks for themselves and the rest of the staff. Thus they have minimal interfaces at best, tend to be a bit obscure (including bits to "ask such-and-such for help"), and are designed in the same environment they're coding the game in. Thus they're built with all sorts of propiretory code built in that can't be repackaged legally. Only a few companies like Bethesda actually develop a separate toolset that can be repackaged (and in that case, apparently it is their toolset, although I'm not sure if they used it for morrowind or made it after the game was released and used it subsequent games).

What we really need is just a file analysis and description, one of them saying "These bytes are the vertexes, this is the mapping, normals, this here is our channels, this bit here is the physics collisions, these are skeletal anchor points..." so it doesn't have to be reverse-engineered bit by bit (literally so). (What I want to see is the full mapping of the compiled vehicle resources)
However, actually *getting* that would be supporting modding, which no matter what parts of Voilition might think (as in probably not executives) the higher-ups are the ones who'd control that decision and wouldn't do it. So it all has to be done by hand. :(

Back