NPC clothes

Which 3D modelling software do you use Maya or 3ds Max? I am trying the free trial version of 3ds Max 2020. I also have the SR3 import files but I don't know where to place them in 3ds Max. Also, when I am ready to use the Saints Row FBX converter.py file, do I drag my edited files onto it (like with the SR3 texture tools) to get it to work or something else?

Which 3D modelling software do you use Maya or 3ds Max? I am trying the free trial version of 3ds Max 2020. I also have the SR3 import files but I don't know where to place them in 3ds Max. Also, when I am ready to use the Saints Row FBX converter.py file, do I drag my edited files onto it (like with the SR3 texture tools) to get it to work or something else?

I use maya, thats the one you need for the converter. Btw, that converter plugin only works up to 3ds max 2014... sadly this version cant be obtained anymore.

And no, the converter works like an exe, the whole process is more complex than that lol. You should see the video tutorials for the workshop modding, might give you a better idea on how it works.

Its seems as though everything I would need to edit these models is either no longer available or a bit over my head, as I am not a 3d modeller. Regarding the SDK tutorials I have watched a few of them, but I am not trying to create new models, only edit the ones already in existence, and put them back in game re-edited. I'm trying to create a "Batman" mod using the matt millersim outfit and the SR4 generic superhero mask. I have already edited the mask, using TinkerCad, by exporting it from the SR4 Mesh Viewer (which converts it into a OBJ file).
batman.JPG

I do not know however how to convert it back to the format used in SR4.

Last edited:
Its seems as though everything I would need to edit these models is either no longer available or a bit over my head, as I am not a 3d modeller. Regarding the SDK tutorials I have watched a few of them, but I am not trying to create new models, only edit the ones already in existence, and put them back in game re-edited. I'm trying to create a "Batman" mod using the matt millersim outfit and the SR4 generic superhero mask. I have already edited the mask, using TinkerCad, by exporting it from the SR4 Mesh Viewer (which converts it into a OBJ file).

I do not know however how to convert it back to the format used in SR4.

Well, thats the point, we cant edit the vanilla files, so the only option is to extract the mesh, and add it as a new cloned item. Thats the only way to do it.

Was typing everything but i guess you know the thomas jepp method already lol

The other option is workshop, what I do is extract the npc 3d file (using this tool: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/mesh-importer-for-3ds-max.4661/) and edit it to make it fully compatible with the boss. This requires the use of maya and 3d modelling knowledge ofc, so it might not be the easiest way.

This is needed if you want to get rid of some mesh parts and the buggy hands. Most of the npcs have the hair model tied to the body mesh as you can see.

Here is an example, edited super shaundi mesh and removed the skin parts so it shows the boss body instead, and no buggy fingers :p
View attachment 22865
Hey can you upload it please?

Was typing everything but i guess you know the thomas jepp method already lol

The other option is workshop, what I do is extract the npc 3d file (using this tool: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/mesh-importer-for-3ds-max.4661/) and edit it to make it fully compatible with the boss. This requires the use of maya and 3d modelling knowledge ofc, so it might not be the easiest way.

This is needed if you want to get rid of some mesh parts and the buggy hands. Most of the npcs have the hair model tied to the body mesh as you can see.

Here is an example, edited super shaundi mesh and removed the skin parts so it shows the boss body instead, and no buggy fingers :p
View attachment 22865
Yo dude, give me that text mod

Back