NPC clothes

Can anyone provide a tutorial on how this done? Or provide the custmesh for matt millersim?

Clothes and npcs share the same file format (ccmesh). So you can extract their str2_pc and repack them into a new one. This option however... will only support one body type and the char will have buggy fingers in game. (nps skeletons have shorther limbs).

The other option is to extract the mesh, edit it and make it fully compatible with the boss.

Which option is less complex? I'm assuming that when you say extract and repack you mean by way of the ThomasJeppSR4 tools. I'm trying to get mattmillersim's clothes (or mesh) for the boss to wear. I've extracted and edited textures before, but switching things is new to me. And I also didn't know we had access to giving the boss NPC clothes other than those part of the story line (i.e. Cyrus Temple and the like). If there's a tutorial for how to do that please point me to it.

Last edited:
Update: I was able to swap matt millers sim mesh (which I had previously re-textured to resemble a certain side-kick) with the OtherWorlder's mesh, and got the boss to look like this...
20190816154206_1.jpg

I like (thanks again for your help, BeautiDuwanger;)), however I would like to remove matt's hair piece and headset from the boss's head. Any suggestions on how to do this, and what's best to use?

Was typing everything but i guess you know the thomas jepp method already lol

The other option is workshop, what I do is extract the npc 3d file (using this tool: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/mesh-importer-for-3ds-max.4661/) and edit it to make it fully compatible with the boss. This requires the use of maya and 3d modelling knowledge ofc, so it might not be the easiest way.

This is needed if you want to get rid of some mesh parts and the buggy hands. Most of the npcs have the hair model tied to the body mesh as you can see.

Here is an example, edited super shaundi mesh and removed the skin parts so it shows the boss body instead, and no buggy fingers :p
206420_20190807003811_1.png

Last edited:
I don't mind the hands but I'll give it a try for the head stuff. I'm not good with the 3D modelling stuff though; I tried Blender and that was scary:D. Hopefully 3Ds Max will be a little easier to understand. After making the changes, will the new mesh import back into the game without much hassle, or will I need some other converter to do this?

I don't mind the hands but I'll give it a try for the head stuff. I'm not good with the 3D modelling stuff though; I tried Blender and that was scary:D. Hopefully 3Ds Max will be a little easier to understand. After making the changes, will the new mesh import back into the game without much hassle, or will I need some other converter to do this?
Yeah, all you need is explained in here: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/sriv-sdk-release-b-adding-new-customization-items.14660/

Back