SOLVED Notepad++ Crashes Upon Attempting to Open Any .XTBL File

First off, I'm only publishing this here as I recently decided to check out the Remastered side of modding instead (Seriously, what the hell Volition. If you're gonna release a game just as broken as the original don't make it HARDER to mod, goddamn). However, this is a general issue I'm having across all the SR games I own (3, Remastered, & 4). Remastered just happens to be the game I'm trying to mod right now.

That said, as the title suggests, anytime I try to open a .xtbl file in Notepad++, the application simply hard CTDs. It opens for a couple of seconds and I can see the toolbar and a white screen, then it simply closes with no error message or any indication as to what happened. I feel like I've looked everywhere on the forums and even online for this, but have come up with nothing. I realize this might be an issue on the Notepad++ devs side, but since the .xtbl extension is only associated with Volition's games, mainly SR, I thought here would be the more appropriate place to ask.

So yeah...any ideas anyone?

EDIT:

Mildly embarrassing but...I figured out the issue. Finally. Dunno why I didn't think of it this way but completely forgot that XTBL files are just XML tables. It was an issue with an un-updated plugin I had since I occasionally do work with code using Notepad++. I'll erm...update the post as solved. Sorry about that everyone

Thread That Solved My Issue:

Last edited:
Back