SOLVED Not able to delete files in steamapps\common OR install the game.

ALRIGHT. I'm getting alot of emotions right now, but the two that stand out are sadness and anger. So i installed a mod that didn't work, at all for me. Simple enough right? Well there was around 600+ files (Things to do in Dominatrix) or some big number and it just wasn't working. I tried the uninstall thingy app that came in the zip file but that didn't work, it wouldn't even open. So i uninstalled the game through steam and attempted to manually delete the remaining files, which was probably the reason why it wont install. It told me i didn't have access. NOTHING on google helped. I was searching it for "How to gain access to a folder windows 10" and things like that. painful stuff. I try to install it on Steam, it takes around half an hour, and i get an error saying http://imgur.com/a/n2vB7 .
What makes this so hard on me is that the last time this happened with SR3, same thing, no access to files, i literally factory reset my pc to fix it. i DON'T want to do that again.

so pretty much, all i need is someone to tell me how to gain access to a folder in windows 10. I'm probably say i've tried it, because i probably have.

EDIT: Used http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1374197 to slap me in the face with.

SOLUTION: Uninstall steam and reinstall it, naming its folder a different name, like "Steam2" or "Steeam" something that isn't "Steam" then reinstall games.

Last edited:
I have a question. What version of Windows 10 you're on x86 or x64? The reason I asked is SR4's install folder should look like this:
On a x86 PC it should look like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\"
Or on a x64 PC it should look like this "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\"

I have a question. What version of Windows 10 you're on x86 or x64? The reason I asked is SR4's install folder should look like this:
On a x86 PC it should look like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\"
Or on a x64 PC it should look like this "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\"

x86. My current folder directory path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam2\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\

Back