No in game dialogue for Gat on new file

I have the Phone/Cheats/Store mod, the radio mod, and the Saints Row IV clothing mod all installed... I put them on when I was part way through my initial playthrough and all was fun, and I enjoyed messing around with them.

But now I've started a second file... it brings up the character creator the moment I land in Hell... and from that point on it seems like there's no ingame dialogue for Johnny... there's no conversation about Dane/Ultor on the way into the city, and no banter when fighting, and I couldn't even activate a commentary collectible. The cutscene dialogue remains unaffected.

1) Is there a way to stop Image as Designed from coming up, and only change the character when I want to.

2) How do I get the dialogue to work?

Thanks in advance.

I have the Phone/Cheats/Store mod, the radio mod, and the Saints Row IV clothing mod all installed... I put them on when I was part way through my initial playthrough and all was fun, and I enjoyed messing around with them.

But now I've started a second file... it brings up the character creator the moment I land in Hell... and from that point on it seems like there's no ingame dialogue for Johnny... there's no conversation about Dane/Ultor on the way into the city, and no banter when fighting, and I couldn't even activate a commentary collectible. The cutscene dialogue remains unaffected.

1) Is there a way to stop Image as Designed from coming up, and only change the character when I want to.

2) How do I get the dialogue to work?

Thanks in advance.
1. This is caused by the Phone/Cheats/Store mod - it replaces part of the first mission script. If you remove mintro_modal.str2_pc, mintro_satan.str2_pc, and stream_grid.asm_pc that bit should go away. Note that you'll also be forced to be Gat in the final boss fight too.

2. The dialogue doesn't work because there's no Gat character to give off Gat's lines. A Gat homie would probably also work for those lines and it's something I've considered trying to add.

ah, Thank you, I figured that maybe the boss was just a cosmetic change, and the game would still read as Johnny or Kinzie depending on what gender you were at the time. I guess I'll throw those three files in a seperate folder and add them in when I want to do the Satan fight with Kinzie or a custom character.

I don't really play as the boss in the game so much as put outfits on Kinzie like so:

So thanks again for solving that problem, as I did want to go through and do a Gat playthrough this time.

Attachments

• 2015-02-25_00017.jpg
    2015-02-25_00017.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 457
Back