Nexus or Workshop

Anybody think that SR4 has any chance of being added to the Nexus network or get a Steam Workshop? The Witcher 2 has a Nexus, so you'd think this game would get one.

If there was to be a mod network site, so long as we don't get the Nexus assmins that ban you for so much as providing constructive criticism/not circlejerking, then I'd prefer a Nexus site.

That would also imply that SR was guaranteed a mod network site. Hard to say since the SDK isn't out yet.

If it were to happen, I"d prefer workshop over Nexus. However, since the mod scene for SR has really been kept alive here, I'd prefer to keep it here than allow it to go to another outlet.

If it were to happen, I"d prefer workshop over Nexus. However, since the mod scene for SR has really been kept alive here, I'd prefer to keep it here than allow it to go to another outlet.

Exactly. It doesn't make sense to try and split the community with a nexus site, especially after the work we've done here for the past three years and now with Volition on board. Also, Volition has confirmed on the live streams that they are working with Valve on Steam workshop support.

If SRIV is getting Workshop , is there any chance that SR3 will get it too? I like the "real" setting in SR3 much more than...well, aliens and superpowah.

If SRIV is getting Workshop , is there any chance that SR3 will get it too? I like the "real" setting in SR3 much more than...well, aliens and superpowah.

My understanding is that SRTT is first, then SRIV. So, yes.

Keep in mind, that we are out of the loop on the actual process of it happening though. We just know that it is.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but does that mean there may be a chance of a Saints Row 2 Workshop? Just wondering if they would, considering the state it's in without the fixes from GotR.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but does that mean there may be a chance of a Saints Row 2 Workshop? Just wondering if they would, considering the state it's in without the fixes from GotR.

I seriously doubt it. At best SR2 is a nightmare, and even minor differences with mods break everything from the game itself to missions, to coop. You can't even imagine the amount of testing and fixing it took to get everything in GotR to play nice together. SRTT and SRIV are much more robust to handle differences.

That said, there will definitely be better/more tools and support for SR2. It's just that workshop itself is unlikely.

If there was to be a mod network site, so long as we don't get the Nexus assmins that ban you for so much as providing constructive criticism/not circlejerking, then I'd prefer a Nexus site.

That would also imply that SR was guaranteed a mod network site. Hard to say since the SDK isn't out yet.
lawl, circlejerking.

Back