New to SR3 Modding - Looking for the highlights

Hi everyone! I hope that this is the correct place to post about this. I've decided to reinstall SR3 for the first time in a few years, and I want to ask you fine folk about the mods that are available.

Essentially, I'm looking for any mod suggestions or recommendations that you'd consider:
-A must-have,
-Well made and interesting,
-just plain fun,
-your personal favourites.

A key area I'm interested in would be character customization and visuals, but I'd love to hear about everything.

For bookkeeping's sake, I'm running the original SR3, not the remastered version.

Thanks all!

Character customization :
-All New Character Customization
-SR4 Hairstyles for SR3
-SR4 Clothing for SR3
-New Clothing for Sale - Nyteblade, Cyrus, Parachute, etc
-SR:TT | Stilwater Swimsuit

Visuals :
-Masako SWAT replaces normal SWAT v.1
-Drive Movie Jacket
-FBI Agent Clothes (never actually tried this one myself, but when I'll really come back to SR3 I will)
-Correct Decals

Other stuff :

Must have :
-Sandbox+ for SRTT (I believe some of the options from this one can break the billboards, if you run lots of mods together at least, and I would have to do more testing to check if it's actually this one, in any case still a must have)
-Rare Vehicle Cheats (includes Additional Cheats) v5
-IdolNinja's Customize any vehicle plus wardrobe color changer (Fan of Saints' Edition)
-
SR3 ASM_PC files updater (needed for compatibility)

Well made and interesting :
-Working Elevators mod - Back To Syndicate Tower
-Open Doors Mod

Just plain fun :
-
Extended Taunts v1.4 (this specific version is the best and also the least buggy, you might still encounter the "grey hair glitch" with this one, just reload your save when that happens)
-Simply No Damping v. 1.0

Bug fixes & cut content (yeah I know you didn't ask for that but still worth mentioning):
-Notoriety Error Fix
-Steelport Gangs DLC fixes - now with earring morph fix!
-Mamba Leather Jacket Texture Fix
-Female Animation Replacements and Fixes
-Extra rims
-Footstep sound fix
-Fixed Scythe Audio

Personal favs? Apart from those I already mentioned? My personal tweaks to some of the files from these mods as well as some original files, mainly to the notoriety, and the clothes (trying to bring back some form of layered clothing like in the previous games).

Also, I wanna stress that this is a highly personal list, lots of other mods are amazing but I personally don't use them, because either they change too many different things at once and you can't pick and choose (Shitface's Weapon Re-Balance: Re-Erected, Shiny clothes for the main character) or because I just couldn't make them work with my main setup (Alternate Times of Day & Weather).
Also shootout to Saints Row IV vehicle paint, which looks absolutely beautiful but breaks the colors of the police cars, ambulances, and firetrucks during daytime.

Last edited:
Back