new rumor about SR4 censorship

Has anyone on here seen the new news article regarding Saints Row 4 in Australia and how it could potentially be altered depending on where you live regardless of where it is bought? It can be found at http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/08...-locking-prevents-playing-uncensored-version/ and I personally think that valve is saying this to get aussies to not buy the uncensored version. Considering the 360 AND PS3 versions are region-free I see no reason why the PC version would be treated differently. what do you think? is there any official word on this?

There have been other censored German games in the past that did the same thing. i.e. a German IP address would force the censored version even if the key was from a different region.

maybe, however I still find it weird that volition and deep silver are going out of the way to allow console owners to get the uncensored version (making both region-free) and yet they won't allow PC owners to trade for the uncensored version, and btw I am referring to steam gifts, not keys

Back